When did your baby get "needy" or jealous?

My son is 7 and a half months and recently started his "neediness" where he'll cry if I leave the room and won't eat for anyone if I'm not home.. Also today he started crying when I was paying attention to another baby (I babysit her once a week)

I was wondering at what point your babies started getting like that and how long was this stage for.

I'm not concerned per say just interested.

alinker

Asked by alinker at 11:02 PM on Apr. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my baby girl is 7 and half months too.. and for the first time today.. she got upset that i left her while i went to work.
    I cried. Normally she is such a happy baby.. but to see her cry just cuz i was going to work.. hurt.
    :(
    4xmommy2008

Answer by 4xmommy2008 at 11:12 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• mines four months and does it, gets really bad if she thinks shes going to eat and i walk away. i came home the other day and handed her to my mom so i could get the things out of the car and she said as soon as i walked out the door she looked up at her put out the lip and started to wine and cry. She also acts like she starving when i have to get ready for work when i know shes not bc she just falls asleep when try to nurse her. Smart little munchkins they are.
    letlovegrow

Answer by letlovegrow at 11:30 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• That neediness is right on schedule. Separation anxiety sets in at this age.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:36 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• LOL. Birth.
    catwalksymphony

Answer by catwalksymphony at 11:54 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• my son is almost 11 months and he started being super clingy about 2 months ago. He will follow me and whine if i don't pick him up, then if im in the kitchen he will stand and hold my leg until i pick him up.. I think he's going to do this for a while, i think this is why we all have momma's boys and so on..lol
    Borikaos

Answer by Borikaos at 1:50 AM on Apr. 11, 2009