I CANT POOP (sorry TMI) ive talked to my doc about ia and tehy told me stool sotfener but theya re not working.. any advice?

JrsMommy07

Asked by JrsMommy07 at 11:03 PM on Apr. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You could try eating oatmeal with some brown sugar in it, prune juice, or something else high in fiber. The oatmeal and brown sugar usually works pretty well though.
    Haidens_Mama

Answer by Haidens_Mama at 11:04 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• drink some really sugary coffee w/ milk And creamer. it makes me sh*t every morning :) never fails to lay down the duce!!
    Anonymous

• Prune juice, apple juice, or chocolate milk.
    Works for me. :D
    Kaiithegreat

Answer by Kaiithegreat at 11:15 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Apple juice or pear juice
    Fiber One anything will help
    bran flakes
    raisin bran
    oatmeal
    Lilbeamercomin

Answer by Lilbeamercomin at 11:18 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Fiber Bars....the ones with chocolate in them =)

they work like a charm....the stool softeners didnt do ANYTHING for me...
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 11:23 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• take those chocolate exlax but dont eat the whole bar indicated on the box take half to the already made portion! After i had my daughter i was in bad shaped it was just a not a good dilivery and i was on perkasets and other meds and i could poop for a month or so straight no joke so i got some of that and then i was fine!!!!!
    Anonymous

• take those chocolate exlax but dont eat the whole bar indicated on the box take half to the already made portion! After i had my daughter i was in bad shaped it was just a not a good dilivery and i was on perkasets and other meds and i couldnt poop for a month or so straight no joke so i got some of that and then i was fine!!!!!
    Anonymous

• bran flakes and COFFEE. the stool softener just helps make it softer, it doesn't really make you go. but like the Anon said, Coffee always seems to work.
    zombie_mommy

Answer by zombie_mommy at 12:05 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• Kombucha- it is an Asian drink- fermented white tea. It is FULL of probiotics and lots of other stuff that helps get your guts working right again. The brand I like is Synergy. I can find it at my grocery store in the natural food section. It is kept refrigerated. It looks a bit odd- but tastes fine. Slightly fizzy with a nice tang to it. I have been having some health issues- and it has really helped. It gives you a natural *boost* too- w/o the caffeine drop. And it is low in calories.
    mtnmama111

Answer by mtnmama111 at 12:59 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• Try taking acidophilis, and enzymes that help break down your food. It is a natural regulator. Also the more you rely on over the counter meds, the more your body gets hooked. My aunt does not go all week and then takes a laxative an stays on the pot all weekend. Her whole body is messed up. Try natural. Because of large babies, I lost the ability to push and I couldnt go, but my mother is a nutritionist and got me taking the enzymes and achidophillis and now I am as regular as can be. It's worth a try
    1pagenwoman

Answer by 1pagenwoman at 3:40 AM on Apr. 11, 2009