• In the Spotlight:

Do you donate your childs clothes they outgrow?

Since my son was old enough to understand the concept of helping others we have donated his clothes to the school for them to give the clothes to the kids that needs them. He has seen kids wear his clothes and tells me about it and he tells me how good it makes him feel. Do you do this with your child?

ronjwake

Asked by ronjwake at 11:07 PM on Apr. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i try to pass them along to friends and if not than i donate them to a church or goodwill. i used to save them all to use again when i realized that when i have another girl (this one will be a boy) i'll end up buying alot of new stuff anyways
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 11:09 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Honestly never thought about donating them to the school but we put them in a clothing box that is for a local special needs school, they sort through and keep what their families can use then send the rest on to another charity.
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 11:10 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• I've donated my sons clothes to the salvation army and have explained to him that other ppl need the to wear the clothes that no longer fit him. We also have a little cousin that gets a lot of his clothes. ...He's not old enough yet to truly understand the concept or understand his feelings about it. He's only 3yo. But his day is coming soon.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 11:15 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• When I was still having kids I didn't, and I still keep my older kids clothes for the younger ones, but I do donate my youngest son's clothes. I don't take them to the school, I put them in a charity drop box, that way I'm supporting a charity and low income families can buy the clothes at a small cost. I also send some stuff to a friend who has a son in between two of mine and she sends stuff back for my son.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 11:18 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• I keep it for our next child or for a Sister or sister in laws next kid, we recycle withing the family.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 11:22 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Yes. I'll ask my friends if they need or want any of it and the stuff they don't want, I'll donate it.
    Aviators_Wife

Answer by Aviators_Wife at 11:26 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• I keep the ones i really like...in hopes for another girl... and pass along the others to friends.
    letlovegrow

Answer by letlovegrow at 11:35 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• We donate the usable clothes to the church, they have a clothes and food giveaway there.
    coutterhill

Answer by coutterhill at 11:37 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• I have, but now a lot of them I make into other things.
    roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 11:42 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• I always give his previous years coat to the school - they always find someone that could use it. Most of his nicer things or things that he didn't wear much I will take to a consignment shop - then I shop there for things too. What I don't take there I will take to a donation place that gives them free to the needy. They can "shop" there once a month for the things they need. I take not only clothes but any household item that is still in good condition.
    the3jsandme

Answer by the3jsandme at 11:51 PM on Apr. 10, 2009