What is the best face products to use to prevent wrinkles?

I'm 28 (almost 29 *gulp*), I'm starting to notice really fine lines aka the start of crows feet. Not a big deal, and Lord knows I'm not vain, heck, I'm not even the type of person that wears any makeup daily. Hairs almost always in a ponytail...I'm totally a tomboy that once in a while has a girly mood pass through. lol. I have decently sensitive skin, so I do have to watch out, but I'm just curious as to what is the best preventer...or something to slow them down. I know the typical "don't smoke and drink plenty of water", but, I want to know which face cream out there works. My mom is 44 (yeah, she had me pretty early in life) and her skin, well, it I would never say it to her, but, it just looks older. Her mom, is the same way. It's like the elasticity of the skin for the women of my family, just isn't good. So, anyone know anything for elasticity and/or wrinkles? I just want to slow the process, ya know.

josie_mommyof2

Asked by josie_mommyof2 at 11:10 PM on Apr. 10, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Someone else will be able to give you lots more info...but making sure your moisturizer (MUST have moisture) has SPF in it. Dry skin and sun/tanning (even fake n bake) are the biggest cause of wrinkles to my knowledge. Thats why drinking and smoking (as you mentioned) are culprites because they dehydrate your skin.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 11:14 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Try anew from Avon if you want you can look at in in my online store its youravaon.com/tmantz if you order use code FSANY when you check out for free shipping
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 11:34 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• My dermatologist told me I would be good with anything oil-free and WITH anti-oxidants - I guess those are really important. Oh and I always use a separate eye cream; I like the Arbonne Intelligence for my eyes. I tan and I have excema (very dry skin) and I seem to be doing okay in the wrinkles department. My advice would be not to be swayed by brand names or other moms that sell make-up (sorry, don't want to offend, just IMO). Make sure you cleanse & moisturize every day, SPF is great (and it doesn't stop you from tanning), steer clear of mineral oil and make sure your moisturizer contains anti-oxidants!

Oh - one more thing - My doctor also told me that the #1 age prevention measure for inside & out is to take CoQ-10 supplements
    MichiMomma

Answer by MichiMomma at 12:08 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• I love Mary Kay. Im about your age and recently started feeling the same. It is very simple they have a 3in1 face wash and a moisturizer that work very well. I also like how it does not have a strong smell. You have the option of normal skin or oily skin. They also the eye cream you can use.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:22 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• When my grandma died she was in her 80s. Her skin was beautiful. Her secret was Ponds cold cream, morning and night. I use it now and so does my daughter.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 2:44 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• Well since like you I also have sensitive skin ,My Dermatologist put me on the obagi version of RetinA it works awesome I use it every other night , wear sunscreen you have to or it wont help the fine lines ,You cannot use it around your eyes ,Everywhere else is fine I have been using it for over a yr people think I am alot younger than I am ,Also use Cetaphil for a cleanser it is very gentle and cleanses well , The retina A can be prescribed by a normal DR and I got the generic for 15 dollars and its exactly the same as the obagi .You will peel a little just make sure you wear sunscreen all the time a high factor 1 ,Also I moisturize with oil of olay my mom always used that shes 60 something and looks like shes in her late 40s ,The plain kind not the new fancy ones .It works for me Good luck
    Anonymous

• Mary Kay has fabulous products, from the TimeWise Cleanser and Moisturizer, to different face an eye creams! You can check out my web-site at www.marykay.com/candicekramer, and let me know if I can help you further!
    hipmomof2

Answer by hipmomof2 at 10:45 PM on Apr. 13, 2009