Crying baby?

Do you think that if your baby cries every day when you drop them off at daycare that something is suspicious? My son is only 10 months, and he cries everytime that I drop him off at daycare. Is something WRONG HERE?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:18 PM on Apr. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Sounds totally normal..he doesn't want you to leave him...as for him going down for the sitter and not for you...my baby is the same way, I know this because I have seen our sitter put our son down before. She takes him in, pats him on the back/butt and within a min..he is out...when we try to put him down, he fights and fights and fights.
    mag12305cmg

Answer by mag12305cmg at 5:20 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• maybe he just doesnt want to be seperated from you. they go through stages like that. but if you're worried, talk to other moms, or show up early one day to check out whats going on.
    mnadcox

Answer by mnadcox at 11:22 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• How long has he been in daycare? Most kids will cry when the mom hangs around due to them crying. but as soon as the mom leaves the child calms down and starts playing. I used to work in daycare and had my own. I have seen this several times. the child plays off of the parent's fears and or guilt. Now if he is still crying after being there while meaning a few months and cries for a while after you drop him off then i would talk to the teacher. ask the owner of the daycare or manager if there are tapes you can watch. they say no then i would pull him out and call the state to investigate.
    Disneymom1218

Answer by Disneymom1218 at 11:22 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Go with you motherly instinct, but sometimes it's just seperation anxiety. I'm very scared to leave my baby in daycare these days, you just never know. Maybe you should show up unannouced one day and see what he's doing and see who's taking care of him, just to see if everythings ok.
    Anonymous

• Well it is a home daycare, so I'm sure they don't keep tapes. The provider says he is perfectly fine by the time that I pull out of the driveway. But she also says that he is a perfect napper and all she has to do is lay him down and he goes right to sleep, the thing is I have never successfully gotten him to sleep w/o laying down with him. So I find this to be VERY strange.
    Anonymous

• sound like seperation anxiety to me... my kids do amazing things with my mom they never did for me my daughter was potty trained at my moms house from14 months old! for me? not until she was 2 years 4 months!! no joke!
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 11:57 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Have you talked to any of the other parents? Maybe they are experiencing the same issues. If you got a gut feeling then go with it. God gave us mother's intuition for a reason. That's why I don't really understand nanny cameras. If you don't trust them, then why are you leaving your kids with them?
    dawn_misayo

Answer by dawn_misayo at 11:46 PM on Apr. 11, 2009