Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should I go to the ER?

This morning I woke up and was sick to my stomach. I ended up throwing up (Sorry TMI) but felt better after that. Then suddenly I got a dull pain in my upper right ribs. It started close to my stomach but goes across my ribs almost into my back. It has been a dull pain all day. It hurts a little to breathe out. Plus I cant lay on that side at all without being in pain. I had my gallbladder removed last September so I know its not that. Should I wait it out till morning or do you think this needs to be checked out right away? I know I should call my doctor to ask this but thought maybe I could get suggestions here first.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 11:20 PM on Apr. 10, 2009 in Health

Answers (6)
  • I would call my doc or go to ER. I don't mess with anything that effects my breathing. Thats a big deal.

    Answer by MamaChamp at 11:21 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

  • It could be your appendix. Go to the er.

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:21 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

  • Better safe then sorry.... Alot of people put things like this off, thinking its no big deal and end up finding out in a worse way that it was!

    Answer by soonmommyof3 at 11:22 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

  • even if your GB was removed they do not remove the ducts and you can still get gall stones they are no longer obstructive but still very painfull!!

    Answer by MELRN at 11:46 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

  • i would go to the ER, just to be safe. ya never know, especially if you arent a doctor lol... but yeah, i would go if those were my symptoms =] good luck

    Answer by mommykayti at 12:09 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

  • Sounds like kidney stones of which I have 6 and they are as painful as hell. But it could be your appendix. If it keeps on yes I would go. If your appendix bursts whatever is in the sac infects your bowls with periontitis. Which kills. My grandfather died from this. But again, kidney stones hurts all the way through your back like you have been punched there. When mine hurt I put a ice pack on my side, this seems to help. Also, it hurts more when I lay down to sleep.
    GO TO DR

    Answer by 1pagenwoman at 3:48 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.