What is the best image editing software?

I'm looking to buy software so I can edit my pictures. What do you recommend.

KristiNicole09

Asked by KristiNicole09 at 11:22 PM on Apr. 10, 2009 in Shopping

• I like Picasa by Google. It's free. Try it before you by anything...I think my pictures come out pretty darn good in comparison to Adobe photoshop
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 11:31 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• GIMP!!!!!
    Anonymous

• Anything from Creative Memories!
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 11:35 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• I like Paint Shop Pro. It has pretty much all the functionality that the full version of PhotoShop has without the $600 pricetag. You can usually find it for under $60 and there's almost always a rebate on their website.

It's very user friendly, but it'll let you do SO much more than crop and resize. The flexibility is really awesome, but it's got a lot of presets that are just perfect without having to be "creative" lol. They suggest and I say,"hey, sure!" lol

There's usually a free 30 day trial version on their website. It's currently owned by Corel. The one thing I recommend is to pick a tool and then google. "Tool name" tutorial and do a little tutorial with like 1 tool a day to really get an idea of the bredth and scope of the program.

That being said, if you just want to resize, crop and take out some red-eye, this is too much program. Use the freeware from Picasa.
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 2:10 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• paint.net
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:44 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Photoshop
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 11:44 AM on Apr. 15, 2009