My son turned 2 in Jaunary and he is constantly taking his diaper off, he wont leave it on. Is he getting ready for me to potty train him or is it just wishful thinking?

He tells me for the most part when he has to go pee. When I ask him if he has to go potty he says ya and runs to the bathroom and he goes to the bathroom when we do that almost everytime.

mhoffman

Asked by mhoffman at 11:24 PM on Apr. 10, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I started potty training my son when he was 18months old. Nothing big. Just encouragment and introduction. ...After a few months i made a sticker chart and every time he went he got a sticker on his chart. When he filled the chart he got a prize. (our was a trip to chuck e' cheese). By the time he was 2years and 3 months he was fully potty trained. He is now 3yo.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 11:29 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Sounds ready just keep doing what your doing. I would also go get some big boy undies, make a big deal of getting them and when you are home ask if he wants to wear those instead of the diaper. Good luck!
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 11:31 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• i agree COMPLETELY with goaliemom.... big boy underwear and just stay with a routine. eventually he'll get the hang of it on his own =]
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 12:02 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• Yes he's ready, no more diaper changing for you yay!
    Red_Mama0723

Answer by Red_Mama0723 at 12:24 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• I think it is safe to say he is begging to be potty trained. My daughter started doing that when she turned 2 this past December. She has failure to thrive and she has not pooped since birth and is on a special medicine to loosen it. Her doctor recommended potty training her as soon as we can get this medicine to help her poo on a regular basis. I say potty train him....You'll be diaper free woman!!
    KeepMovingOn

Answer by KeepMovingOn at 1:44 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• I asked my mom about potty training because my best friends daughter is over 2 years old and not potty trained. She said that I was potty trained before 18 months. She said that when I would wake up from nap time she would atomatically put me on my potty and when I would go she would give me treat like a hand ful of hunnynut cheerios and praise me. But then there was my sister who is 3 years younger then I am. She was 3 years old and refused to get potty trained and finally decided to do it when I went to visit my grandparents and she didnt go, my mom told her that she couldnt go because my grandparents didnt want to change diapers and within a week she was completly potty trained haha. Good luck
    kaitsmommy1008

Answer by kaitsmommy1008 at 9:37 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• yeah I would say he's definetly ready. I started potty training my youngest(for now) at 18 months because he was doing that with his diaper. we still have our days, but he's getting the point, lol.
    JTALmommy0917

Answer by JTALmommy0917 at 11:05 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• my mom used to throw cherios in the toilet for my brother and would tell him to aim. it was like a game to him. with me she used food coloring in the toilet.
    renee1986

Answer by renee1986 at 7:31 PM on Apr. 14, 2009