childs playhouse

Have you or your dh ever built your child a playhouse? If how much did it cost was it cheaper then buying one? Was it hard?
dd wants one but I'm not sure

aubrees_mommie

Asked by aubrees_mommie at 11:30 PM on Apr. 10, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• It depends on how fancy you want it. We are building one for our kids, but with 2 separate sides, one for each kid. We used a lot of the leftovers from our remodeling projects but it can get pricey. We're using clear vinyl for the roof and that stuff was $15/sheet. And don't forget about hardware too.
    witchymommaCNY

Answer by witchymommaCNY at 2:06 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• I think it's a lot cheaper than buying one, but I wish my hubby had just bought our daughters one made out of metal with the windows in it. The one he built isn't air tight and I'm scared to death we're going to find a snake in it, or bees get in there. He did ours as big as you would a storage building. The girls love it, and we were thrilled to move a lot of their cooking toys out there, as well as the extra tv/dvd player and a whole bunch of barbies and stuffed animals.
    It's well worth it to see them so happy to have their own private place (we made ours with full size door and 8' celings so they'll never outgrow it and we can use it later for whatever we want) and it's great when they have friends over and you can send them out there and dont' hear all fo the squealing girls do when they get together lol.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 8:46 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• I built my great dane a dog house, which would be suitable for a child and it cost nearly 200 bucks! Adn it was plane jane! It's fun to build one b/c you can customize it. Shingles, shutters, pretty doors. I would love to make one! I just bought one off craigs list for $35 , so I couldnt beat that.
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 11:47 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• We made my nephews out of a cardboard box that was for a lift chair. It is a giant box and we decorated it with windows doors and flowers, ect. Very cute and very cheap too :)
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 3:25 AM on Apr. 19, 2009