How long did it take for your son or daughter to sleep the whole night without waking up for a bottle?

So my son is 2 months and so far wakes up every 4 to 5 hours for a bottle at night....
How many months was your baby when he or she didnt wakeup for a bottle all night???? Just wondering because this is my first and wouldnt mind being able to get some good rest without having to wake up every couple hours :)
But i know my son is still a baby im just wondering when will that nice sleep come back. I sure DONT mind at all getting up to feed my boy! thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:32 PM on Apr. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I was very lucky my DD slept all night at about a month! Hopefully you will get a full night's rest soon. GOOD LUCK.
    pamelajqs

Answer by pamelajqs at 11:34 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• My daughter is almost 10 months and still gets up once in the night for a bottle.
    Haidens_Mama

Answer by Haidens_Mama at 11:35 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• my son is 2 months also, he is up from about 8am til 3, takes a little nap, then is up til a 9 or 10 oclock bottle, he is drinking 6 oz, and sleeps almost through the night. i found that if he does get up in the middle of the night i turn on his mobile or give him his pacifer... which i dont use at all, unless its the middle of the night and i get another hour or 2 of sleep out of him. good luck
    walkthisway522

Answer by walkthisway522 at 11:39 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• I breast fed and co bedded with the second one so I would never ever go through that 18 month horra again!
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 11:41 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• thank you girls
    Anonymous

• So much for the belief that formula babies sleep better. **smile**

I haven't met the infant yet, no matter how they're fed, that slept eight straight on a regular basis in year one.

Waking every couple of hours is in the mom job description...and it never really goes away because it will ALWAYS be something.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:53 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• 14 months.
    Here's the basic breakdown - but remember - EVERY baby is different.
    Most will sleep for 5 hours in a row by 6 months.
    Most will sleep for 8 hours in a row by 9 months.
    Most will sleep from bedtime to morning by 12 months.

It doesn't matter what they are fed - formula, breast, cereal - none of it will change what a baby will do so don't change anything for that. (Mine was formula fed!)
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:00 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• I agree with the post before me. If it's not getting up to nurse it becomes something else. They wake up in the middle of he night and want to sleep in your bed, they have a bad dream, they wet their diaper, they had an accident...... sorry, we just have to try and get a nap during the day when they do. sleeping for 4-5 hrs. at 2 mos.old is pretty good! my twins had me up every 2-3 hrs. still at that age.
    Clarkebar2

Answer by Clarkebar2 at 12:01 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• My son is 4 1/2 months old and has slept for about 8 to 10 hours straight every night since he was about 6 weeks old. There has been maybe 2 or 3 times he has woke wanting to eat in the middle of the night. I concider myself lucky, because this is rare.
    ashtonjames

Answer by ashtonjames at 12:12 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• My DD is 8 months old, and she wakes up once a night (usually), sometimes up to 3 times though. The doctor said she should be able to sleep all night long, that I should let her cry, let her know I'm there but not pick her up, and she should get used to it within 3 nights or so, but I feel bad, so I breastfeed her and put her back in her bed.
    Allymanny

Answer by Allymanny at 12:56 AM on Apr. 11, 2009