I think my dd has excema.

I think my dd has excema. Can anyone suggest over the counter treatment?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:34 PM on Apr. 10, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• unsented Dove Bar soap...forever .. it works!! If the child is over 12 pounds and is itchy you have to stop the itch OTC childrens Clairatin once a day for 5 days to stop the itch if it comes back after that call the pediatrician or derm for an rx of fluticisone
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 11:38 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Use Cetaphil lotion and wash. Hydrocortizone if it's itchy. GL
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 11:39 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• aveeno body wash, and eucerin cream. aveeno lotion is good too, my daughter doesn't have excema however she does have a skin problem where her skin cells when they shed just clog up her skin and then in turn get stuck in the skin. i'm told the same treatments for excema work for that, so i would assume its vice versa as well. also try to wash her hair and then her body, that way the shampoo and if u use it on her conditioner gets washed off after and not just sitting on her body. and put the lotion on when her skin is still somewhat wet it traps more moisture in
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 11:40 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• I thought the same thing with my daughter, and my husband has extremely sensitive skin too. I just try not to use too much soap, and I am very careful about my laundry detergent. All the skin products are good too. Just basically make an effort not to change too much as far as what goes in the wash, on her, and in the bath.
    dawn_misayo

Answer by dawn_misayo at 12:33 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• I have found that body wash as opposed to soap also works wonders.
    -Ashley.
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 1:22 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• My lil boy has eczema and we wash him with Cetaphil soap and put a thin layer of Vaseline over the rough spits and it has helped so much. He is almost 2, but when he was younger, he had eczema on his cheeks pretty bad, now it is all cleared up, except the occasional break out when he gets too hot or fussy...but the cetaphil and vaseline seem to be doing really well...aloe vera plant has worked well too for the bigger flare ups.
    pickledpeanut

Answer by pickledpeanut at 1:40 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• Use cortizone, my daughter had eczema and the doctor gave her a rx for fluctison (not sure if spelling is right) but the stuff made her skin burn so I started using cortazone it worked, u can also try this body wash in the baby section at walmart its made 4 babies with eczema it has dr. In the name I 4get the whole name, I hope I helped u sorry if my suggestions r fague its been so long since my daughter had it, so I've forgotten the names good luck
    Red_Mama0723

Answer by Red_Mama0723 at 2:19 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• Use aveno bath stuff its a powder you can but it anywhere it helped my sisi i think it cald aveno bath
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:59 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• Use everything that is free and clear!! My DD has sensitive skin and we can't use any laundry soap or dryer sheets or soap with any fragrance in it. And for those dry spots, Aquaphor is great, but we also just use A & D ointment, which we already had for diaper rashes. Also, don't use soap at every bath unless your child is really dirty, and keep the temperature luke warm. Hot water will dry out skin, and most babies aren't really dirty enough to need soap at every bath.
    mkemom519

Answer by mkemom519 at 8:08 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• My son has that too. The dermatologists suggest Aquaphor that really good. Depending on how severe it is you may want to just take him to see the dermatologist to get something medicated. Especially if you see patches that are cracked and bleeding. It is important to keep their skin moisterized. Water drys out their skin alot so you may want to minimumize baths. Hopes this helps.
    momofonewntmore

Answer by momofonewntmore at 2:06 PM on Apr. 11, 2009