Anyone think vampires are real?

After watching twilight I've become fascinated with vampires. Does anyone think they could really exist?

carolinagurl20

Asked by carolinagurl20 at 11:40 PM on Apr. 10, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• no honey vampires do not exist.. watch interview with a vampire that's a great classic! but crazy insane people who would try to expirement things like that do.. scary ehh?
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 11:53 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• I am open to the idea... I cannot dismiss the idea all together.

hannahwill

Answer by hannahwill at 12:15 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• I think there are people who believe they are vampires. But the lifestyle they lead is no where near are awsome and fascinating as hollywood makes them out to be. Even the real Count Dracula (Vlad the Impaler) didn't actually drink blood. He was just so vicious, and "blood thirsty" that he got the reputation for being a blood drinker.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 12:16 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• Okay?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:13 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• I've heard of a medical condition, I forget what it's called, but the people afflicted with it have some kind of a deficiency (red blood cells I think?) which causes them to crave blood, because it's a way to get what they need. It's just like any other craving you get when your body is lacking something. So medically speaking, yes they do. However, as far as I know, they aren't immortal, don't sparkle, don't have superhuman strength, and actually need to sleep. I would post a link but I can't for the life of me remember the name of this wackiness...

You could also look up "Lykanthropy" which is when someone has convinced themselves they're a warewolf.
    Koukla12905

Answer by Koukla12905 at 1:44 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• No, I don't believe in the reality of vampires.

Koukla, the medical condition is porphyria, but it's kinda hooey because only certain types of porphyria contain a sensitivity to sunlight and even then, the notion that vampires couldn't go out in the daylight wasn't part of the legend 'til the 1922 movie Nosferatu.

lol The sad part is that I'd read that before, but had to go back to wikipedia for a refresher. I sure sounded smart though for a second! :D
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 2:27 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• I don't believe in the blood sucking vampire but I do believe in psychic  vampires. They take energy from people. Have you ever been around people that can turn anything good into something bad? Or after you leave them you feel disoriented and tired. IMO those are psychic vampires.

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 2:37 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• I think they are of the devil
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 4:33 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• No they're not real...
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 9:48 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• The medical condition, the social sub-culture or the supernatural ones?
    The first two are real enough but I don't buy into the supernatural ones that can shape shift, fly, killed only by a steak in the heart, no reflections in mirrors, etc, etc.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 10:40 AM on Apr. 11, 2009