Who doesn't celebrate Easter?

Me and Hubby got into a HUGE fight today because he doesn't believe Easter is a holiday to celebrate. How can I make him see the BIG picture?

TaterNJo0sMommy

Asked by TaterNJo0sMommy at 11:40 PM on Apr. 10, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Tell him that part of the celebration of Eostre is having sex.
    Anonymous

• We don't, we're Jehovah's Witnesses, we do observe the Memorial of Christs Death as he asked his followers to.
    lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 11:41 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• I don't i'm jewish and also a lot of the holidays are ridiculous and are marketted to just buy a lot of crap!
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 11:51 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• We don't... we're not Christian. When I was Christian, I didn't celebrate it because it was too Pagan in its' early influence and not Biblically based. Now as a Pagan, it serves absolutely no function for me - too Christian. LOL We celebrate Ostara (the Vernal Equinox). My eggs mean exactly what they were meant to from the beginning!

Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 11:51 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• We acknowledge the day...but I can't say we really 'celebrate' it at all.
    hannahwill

Answer by hannahwill at 12:09 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• We don't celebrate. Too pagan for my taste. We celebrate what Christ did every day.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:20 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• I am Pagan and missed my holiday due to stress(we're moving/packing/organizing etc..) and thought of celebrating Ostara on Easter, but in all honesty I'm just not in a festive mood this spring. there's just alot going on. We're doing bunny photos tomorrow with the kids and coloring eggs so that's about it for either holiday. He was invited to his mom's for Easter dinner with the family, but he'd rather watch the masters(golf LOL) at home, so we're not doing anything special Sunday.

It's just another day around here pretty much.
    CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 12:56 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• We are Pagans so we celebrated Ostara. We attended a full moon ritual tonight and received plants and seeds to plant in our gardens.  When the boys were younger we did the hiding eggs. But we don't celebrate Easter in the Christian sense.

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 3:34 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• I don't celebrate, but I respect other Christians' reasons for doing so. This has nothing to do with my denomination, it's a personal choice/conviction.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 5:28 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• It has always been a family day for us. We go to church and then spend a nice day with family. We have a big meal and let the kids enjoy an Easter egg hunt. The big picture has to be built on slowly and not fought over for this day. Make it a family day. Go on a picnic or cook out. I don't think Jesus would want us to fight over this. It will work itself out.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 9:12 AM on Apr. 11, 2009