best diapers...please help?

i have an 11 month old son... i have used a couple of different diapers such as cruisers pampers, huggies, and baby dry pampers but it seems as though crusiers are best for him due to the mesh lining... if i use the others i mentioned, he wets the bed as well as himself...
so i ask are there any generic brand diapers that are just as good ? because although i love pampers crusiers, they can get expensive...
my friend uses this generic brand which never gave her daughter any rashes or let alone leaks... but the lining is what i am worried about...what is my best soultion? and am i supposed to point his private area down at the end of every diaper change?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:45 PM on Apr. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• best diaper... cloth. and yes penis goes down
    3rdtymsthecharm

Answer by 3rdtymsthecharm at 11:46 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• i just started buying luvs they are so much cheaper than pampers and they do not leak like the pampers do:)
    busymamma503

Answer by busymamma503 at 11:49 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Yes, you need to point him down at every change.
    The best diaper is truly whichever one works for you. Every brand fits a little differently, every brand has slightly different materials - some kids react to them, most don't. If he is wetting through at night, I'd suggest Huggies Overnights for night time. Two other options for night time:
    Put a cloth diaper with a waterproof outer layer over his regular diaper. It will soak up any overflow and you will only have to wash it instead of all of his bedding.
    OR
    Look for diaper doublers. These are like maxi pads without the waterproof backing. They go in his regular diaper just like a maxi pad and soak up extra pee. You can find them at most grocery stores and at BabiesRUs - all of them are sold under the store's brand name.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:52 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• i always used luvs. and the whole night time thing, if you dont go to bed at the same time as him, change him RIGHT before you go to bed, he should stay asleep, and it will be a lot less likely that he'll pee through the diapers =]
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 11:53 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• oh and, btw, i never pointed him down.... i just left it the way it was, and if the diaper seemed to tight that it wouldnt go into a down position on its own, i would buy the next size up =]
    mommykayti

• luvs are $8 per package and I think they do a pretty good job. You could also do cloth with a plastic liner. I had a conversation the other day about makeshift diapers, for when you run out and just use what you have around the house. A friend said that putting a sanitary napkin in the generic diapers works really well. Just for at night.
    Clarkebar2

Answer by Clarkebar2 at 11:54 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• i have used them all. Luvs, white cloud, parents choice, target's brand, pampers, and huggies. ( i got a lot as gifts at showers, not gonna waste them!) she was allergic to pampers. Luvs felt plastic... white clouds can leak, so can parents choice. the only generic diapers that i LIKED were the Target brand. but we dont have a target here, so i just get big cases of huggies at sams cuz they are really cheap that way ( 200 size 3 for 40 dollars) good luck!!!!!!!!
    tatmum

Answer by tatmum at 12:17 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• We use cloth diapers and really like them. May be something you want to look into. :) We never have problems with rashes, they save money, and they're not a hassle at all.
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 12:27 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• Even as a newborn my son peed right through the parents choice and white cloud. I have never had any problem with huggies , those are my favorite, but I usually buy the luvs. He has only leaked through one once, and that was right after he got his shots and had a bit of a blow out throughout the night. But I do like the luvs too. They are a little bit cheaper.
    ashtonjames

Answer by ashtonjames at 1:12 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• I know that diapers can get expensive, I have tried pampers, parents choice and safeway brand. I liked pampers too but your right they are expensive. My favorite brand is the kirkland brand from Costco. You can buy like 230 for 40.00 and they last a long time, They can hold alot, my son seems to pee alot at night time, and they hold it well, no leakage. hope you find a cheaper one that you like :)
    Borikaos

Answer by Borikaos at 1:46 AM on Apr. 11, 2009