knitting and crochetting (sp?)

do you do either one? i can do both, but knitting after awhile just wares my arms out! if you do both wich do you prefer? do your arms get more tired w/ one or the other? just wondering :)

shanna01

Asked by shanna01 at 11:49 PM on Apr. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I do both. I taught myself to knit first then to crochet the next year. I usually prefer to crochet because it's faster but I like the look of knit more. I mainly stick to small projects (toys for the kids, baby stuff).

My arms don't get tired but after awhile the yarn cuts into my finger (that I hold the tension with). I'm thinking of making a guard for it because I have to keep stopping every so often to let it "heal" up. There have been times I've quit and looked down at my finger hours later and can still see the indent from the yarn.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:05 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• I do both too. I prefer to crochet, I seem to get my projects done faster by crocheting.
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 11:58 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• i can crochet, but for some reason i can't hold it properly (the part i already made) so like, if i'm making an afghan, i hold the already-made afghan in my left hand, instead of holding my hand over the afghan... does that make sense? so i can only make my afghan as big as however much yarn i can hold in my hand.... that sounds really complicated. anyway, i can make scarves. lol
    llansky

Answer by llansky at 12:10 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• I can only crochet...I really enjoy it, very relaxing
    BethTTC

Answer by BethTTC at 3:48 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• I do both as well. I just learned to knit last year after crocheting for 20 years so it's really hard to buckle down and finish anything :) Crochet is just so much faster, but, it eats more yarn. I'm just knitting socks now but I think I'll dig out the yarn for a crochet cardigan soon.
    krisr169

Answer by krisr169 at 9:20 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• i think knit looks better too, everything looks tighter, i just dont like the holes of crochetting. ifi make a blanket i dont want my toes to stick out of the holes haha. but i just started a baby blanket crochetting and it looks like its been knit, so i cant complain :)
    shanna01

Answer by shanna01 at 9:55 PM on Apr. 11, 2009