Who doesn't celebrate Easter?

Me and my hubby got into a HUGE fight today because he doesn't feel like Easter is a holiday to celebrate. I have already bought Easter baskets for our kids and the dinner is already planned. What I want to know is how can I make him see this is a BIG deal?

TaterNJo0sMommy

Asked by TaterNJo0sMommy at 12:03 AM on Apr. 11, 2009 in Relationships

• I dont see why it should even be a fight really, if you are planning on making dinner and giving Easter baskets then why would he stop you? Honestly unless for religious purposes I dont think Easter is a big deal either but thats mainly because that also the day my grandma passed away, so even though its a different day every year its just the point. I saw dont argue about it and just ahead with your plans, I doubt he is going to say you cant give the kids their stuff and you know if you cook he will more than likely eat so, just let it be.
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 12:38 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• I actually wrote the wrong question on this one. I am wanting advise on how to make him understand how important Easter is to me?
    TaterNJo0sMommy

Answer by TaterNJo0sMommy at 12:05 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• Well, I am a Christian who does not celebrate Easter as a religious holiday....but it is still fun, and a celebration of Spring Time. Will he be around when the kids are going to color eggs? Get him in on the fun, and he will see how much joy it will bring them. I think compromise a little...agree to not make a huge meal each year, or to spend a fortune on baskets. But, you can still do fun inexpensive things as a family. What is there to argue about?
    MamaDiane

Answer by MamaDiane at 12:40 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• What are his reasons for not celebrating?

We have our meal as a religious celebration, the candy filled baskets and egg hunt are kind of like a party game IMO. lol The kids know why we celebrate, there's nothing wrong with having a little fun for the kids on the side.

I know that doesn't answer your question, but I guess how to show him Easter's importance to you depends on it's lack of importance to him. Does he see it as a pagan holiday, or does he have no religious standing himself and that's why he doesn't celebrate?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:56 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• He is not Pagan he is a christian(or so I've thought for so many years) I know I may be over reacting but I want him to participate. The kids have so much fun doing stuff like this and he acts like I go over board every time. For once I want him to shut his mouth and enjoy the things I have planned..I am really aggravated at the moment.

TaterNJo0sMommy

Answer by TaterNJo0sMommy at 11:56 AM on Apr. 11, 2009