Please give me advice

Ok, so I have been with my boyfriend for almost 6 years. 2 years ago he was in the national guard and got medically discharged because of his knee during basic. They told him after 6 months he could re-enlist. We have a georgous 4 month old son, and he has just decided to re-enlist. He is planning to wait until August I think, because that is when our lease is up, so that way he is home when we have to get a new apartment. I am freaking out. We have a lot of bills, we both work fulltime, but our scheduals work out so that we only need a sitter on sundays. Well when he is gone for 4 to 6 months for training, I have very few people to help me out. I can't aford to pay a sitter, nor do I want some one else raising my son and putting him to bed every night. We dont make enough for me to be a SAHM, even though I would love it more than anything. I just dont know if I can handle the stress while hes gone. Please give me advice...

ashtonjames

Asked by ashtonjames at 12:09 AM on Apr. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Tell him exactly what you just said here. He may be able to ease your worries somehow. It's a decision you both need to be comfortable with.
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 12:14 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• The best thing you can do is sit down with him and tell him how you feel. What is his reasons to want to re-enlist?
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 12:15 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• I have told him everything possible. I dont want him to go, I dont want the stress, I dont want him to miss out on our sons life,I dont want him sent over seas, but he feels like a failure for not making it through the first time and he wants more than anything to go back for the money, schooling, and other to make our lives better in the future. He said he wants to be something his son can look up too. And I told him his son will be proud of him no matter what. But he has already made his choice, this is what he wants, and I have to support his decision.
    ashtonjames

Answer by ashtonjames at 12:18 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• You have too many "I don't wants" and you have to consider that maybe this is what he wants for his family. I think his choice is so much more responsible then just getting an everyday job which, these days are dwindling down to nothing. He will contribute to the household just as much if not more by doing this. I envy you girl, many fathers would just opt to be "disabled" or get a menial job.

Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 12:31 AM on Apr. 11, 2009