Baby Poop (sorry TMI!) She is 7 months and has "pellet" like poop. almost like big rabbit poop. she strains sometimes too like its tough for her to go, but it is never HARD, just harder than what i have seen most babies have. i feed her peaches and sometimes prunes to help. is there something i can do daily to help?

tatmum

Asked by tatmum at 12:14 AM on Apr. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Make sure solids are very secondary in her diet. The main diet should still be breastmilk or formula. Solids only FOLLOW those things.

Y9ou might even back off the solids entirely for a couple of days till she's no longer straining. Then slowly reintroduce them, ONLY AFTER she gets the breast or bottle.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:15 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• sounds like she's constipated. is she getting enough to drink? are you breast or formula feeding? if you formula feed, give her a little water as well (but do NOT replace a feeding with water) if you're nursing, try nursing her more often. apples are also a good source of fiber
    llansky

Answer by llansky at 12:15 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• Increase her fluids.
    hannahwill

Answer by hannahwill at 12:16 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• she drinks about 28 ounces of formula a day. and 2 jars of baby food. she has been this way since she was about 3 weeks old. sometimes she even drinks more than that... trust me the girl likes her fluids!! :) i tried giving her diluted apple juice, and she gagged. she acted like she was going to throw up, i've never seen a baby do that with juice.
    tatmum

Answer by tatmum at 12:19 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• If she's getting plenty of fluids, consult the doctor.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:22 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• Give her a tablespoon of dark Karo syrup in warm water, it works like a charm, that is what my baby's doctor told me my son had it so bad sometimes for three days, if they are still on the bottle give it to them in the bottle, they will drink it right up or in a sippy cup what ever works
    mollylove

Answer by mollylove at 12:33 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• I always put the Karo in with the formula. It works this way also. At 7 months, you can give her some prune juice also.
    my4lads

Answer by my4lads at 8:47 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• Karo syrup is a life saver!!! When ever my daughter starts getting constipated or its getting hard for her to go I start putting alittle bit into everybottle and that helps alot! I also noticed if I give her a warm bath and then give her, her bottle with Karo syrup in it she always goes. Water helps and so does apple prun juice diluted.
    kaitsmommy1008

Answer by kaitsmommy1008 at 8:48 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• My daughter did this also and I put an ounce of prune juice in her bottle and it worked. Good luck!
    monkeyberry

Answer by monkeyberry at 10:24 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• mix about 1/2 ounce of prune juice with 8oz of formula every bottle till she goes everytime without struggling! then if it happens again do it again works very well and fast!!
    Hulamom101

Answer by Hulamom101 at 9:31 PM on Apr. 11, 2009