i breastfeed and my baby is allergic to dairy, what can i eat i feel like i am starving all the time

beanieweanie

Asked by beanieweanie at 12:19 AM on Apr. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Google "dairy free living." You'll find lots of websites.

Eggs are OK. Soy products are OK.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:20 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• do you like soy milk? the Silk brand is REALLY good!!! try eating protein bars too, they will keep you full
    tatmum

Answer by tatmum at 12:20 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• I had to cut out dairy for the first few months too. Good job mama! A lot of people in your situation would just give up.

You'll get used to it after a couple of weeks though. There's lots to eat besides dairy! I would always snack on crackers, drink alot of water and juice, eat veggies and fruits, and meat and nuts to fill you up! You can also have a cheese-less sandwich or eggs. Oh and potatoes! :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:23 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• Is your wee one allergic to dairy or have reflux which is highly aggrivated by dairy? There really is a difference. For one reflux will be outgrown. I am a dairy addict.I didn't know this untill my youngest was diagnosed with the reflux. So I did both formula and nursing. I cut way back but not completely. Evidently I drew the line at sourcream.LOL. So some (I think it was) Zantac and thickener, to help his tummy hold it in did the trick. It's well worth asking the doc if it truely is allergy or reflux.
    MaverickMom

Answer by MaverickMom at 1:16 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• I had the same problem, check out milkallergycompanion.com for some great ideas!
    julipickle2

Answer by julipickle2 at 5:50 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• allerjenn.com, awesome recipies. I am also breastfeeding an allergic baby, feel lucky that it's just dairy! My kid can't have dairy, soy, nuts, eggs, wheat, or seafood- that doesn't leave too much. Message me if ya want...
    soflashelley

Answer by soflashelley at 6:06 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• my son can't do dairy, but when I nursed he was fine with me having yougurt, and mild cheeses like mozarella on pasta or pizza....even though he couldn't do cheese himself.
    energygirl

Answer by energygirl at 9:40 PM on Dec. 2, 2009