For those of you who had C sections how long will it take for the pain of it to go away? I had a C section

Monday and the place where they cut me still hurts, not crying bad but its not comfortable. I have 2 other kids but with them I had vaginal deliveries.

nessy1980

Asked by nessy1980 at 12:25 AM on Apr. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• mine was painful for quite a while. it was atleast a week before i was able to get out of bed without help, and i couldn't lay on my left side for forever
    llansky

Answer by llansky at 12:27 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• It can take a while. Girl, I remember after the first one, I couldn't wait to eat and drink.. I was sooo hungry. Well, I took a sip of soup and of course proceeded to choke on it... I could have died.. It hurt soooo bad, I would have sworn I ripped open! Just lay down or get off your feet when it starts to hurt.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:38 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• try sleeping with a pillow if you sleep on your side, and dont get up quickly out of bed, or off the couch. it took about a week and half or two for me to feel normal again. there was still pain every once in awhile and itching at the incision but not to the point where i wanted to be like screw this all
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 12:41 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• it didnt take me long just those three days at the hospital ...My first day was the most painful and the second it sucked to take a bath ...third i was able to do everything alone ...and when i got home i felt fine and i had to take care of myself and my daughter by myself while hubby went to work, he got called in and my stitches got infected.....i would say call the dr to be on safe side !!!
    Leilany1019

Answer by Leilany1019 at 2:04 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• The first few days were horrible! But after about a week when I had my staples taken out I was a whole new person! My incision still intches sometimes and gets stinging pains and I had my c-section 6 months ago. But nothing compared to the pain of the first week. I made sure to get up and walk around and move and all that alot though. I noticed that yes it hurts like hell but the more I got up and moved around the faster that I healed!
    kaitsmommy1008

Answer by kaitsmommy1008 at 10:01 AM on Apr. 11, 2009