How bad is it to have Protein in your urine?

EVERY SINGLE TIME i go to the OB (every week) my pee is like super dark and i always hear the nurse say "Protein" but they dont tell me crap!

is it bad to have a lot of protein in my urine?
My blood pressure used to be 95 over 60 and now its normally at 127 over 80

im 38wks 4 days...whats up with this?

MissKellee

Asked by MissKellee at 12:33 AM on Apr. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• if your urine is dark, it means you aren't getting enough water. drink drink drink :)

(i learned that in basic training, it means you're dehydrated. not sure where protein plays a role in that)
    llansky

Answer by llansky at 12:38 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• oooo okay! im going to grab a bottle of water right now!! even though its bed time xD
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 12:39 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• well the protein has to do with your blood pressure...not with being dehydrated. my 2nd pregnancy i had to do 24 hour urine protein tests cause i had high bloodpressure...they suck
    busymamma503

Answer by busymamma503 at 12:55 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• When i went into labor with my son i had been 2 cm dilated for a couple weeks and the hospital almost sent me home because i wasn't progressing but had regular contractions. It turned out i was extremely dehydrated and my urine was always dark. So like llansky said you need to drink a lot of water or fluids. as far as protein in your urine Busymamma203 is right it has something to do with your blood pressure and i'm surprised your dr. hasn't said anything. Maybe it's not high enough. Good luck.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 2:53 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• I had protein in my urine, accompanied with high blood pressure w/my first pregnancy. I was told I had preeclampsia and was told to go home & lie on my left side. Not to get up for anything except to eat and go to the bathroom. This was in my last month of pregnancy. In a week I returned to the Dr. and everything was normal. They were trying to get me within my last couple of weeks of pregnancy before inducing labor. My son was born 3 weeks early, weighed 7 lbs, 3 ozs. and was fine.
    etexmom

Answer by etexmom at 8:56 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• my cousin had protien in her pee, it turned out to be preeclampsia. Her son was induced for their health.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:04 AM on Apr. 12, 2009