tmi...please help me...i had my son in jan and i stopped bleeding about 2 or 3 weeks ago and now i have started my period but it is very heavy..

i am going through tampons like every 30 mins and they are the ones for heavy flows..i dont usually have a heavy period..should i call the dr

jesslovesyou08

Asked by jesslovesyou08 at 1:58 AM on Apr. 11, 2009 in Health

• I think thats normal to be honest with you. I bled like crazy after I gave birth to my son. Also I dont think your supposed to ware tampons but I guess you can if you want. My doctor said just pads. You can always call them tomorrow to make sure its nothing else.
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 2:00 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• You should be just fine...try a heavy over night pad to let it all out or try getting in the shower for a while...go lay down it will help a little..maybe some midol too unless your breastfeeding. I heard that periods were always heavier after a baby but I just had mine and I freaked cause it was so light and is going away only after four days...GL
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 2:00 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• honestly, I would just call my doc's office in the morning. As wonderful as people can be on cafemom, there is no substitution for proffesional medical advise
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:18 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• Anytime you fill a pad in 1 hour or less you need to call a doctor. I'm not sure what the tampon standard is but it sounds like you are bleeding enough to warrant a call.

I also had a baby in january (22nd) and I stopped bleeding a couple weeks ago.
    sk_tennyson

Answer by sk_tennyson at 7:29 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• you can call an emergency room nurse tell her whats happening...but sugar you really should go to the emergency room &/or go see your doctor, dont put this off. please post us back and let us know that your ok. Call the dr. right now or the emergency room...then go..ok
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:47 AM on Apr. 11, 2009