Help!

Ok I went to the doctor wednesday and I was 36wks. and the doctor said that my baby measured 6lbs. I will be 37wks sunday. Is my baby doing to be to small when I have her. I dont understand why she does not weigh more than that i eat all the time

jacudra

Asked by jacudra at 2:08 AM on Apr. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• remember its not for sure because those machine are exact it can be off ..you never know ...relax
    Leilany1019

Answer by Leilany1019 at 2:10 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• I thought it is against the law to predict a baby's weight cause the doctors were screwing up the weight measurements and so on.....? I wouldn't worry about it hun once the baby is born you can feed it all the nutrients it will need. They are special formulated things for underweight little ones. GL
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 2:12 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• my daughter was born at 38 weeks and was 7 lbs. i was told she would probably have gained about another pound and a half if we'd made it to 40 weeks. so i'm guessing that your baby is about average right now. and like leilany said those machines are not exact and may be off.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 2:13 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• 6 lbs is a good weight imo. and its always a little off. when i was preggo with my second the dr told me that she was going to 5-6 lbs and she was 7 lbs and 1 ounce. so its always off, so dont worry about it, and good luck could be any day now!!!!!
    trelyn

Answer by trelyn at 2:14 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• my brother was born at 38 weeks and he was 6lbs 10oz so you'll be fine. and u/s aren't 100 percent accurate at measuring weight
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:14 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• during the last month the baby gains a lb a week i think, so u should be good. my dr guessed me at around 7 like my first...and he ended up being 8lbs 12 oz....so i wouldnt worry
    RhiannonHunt

Answer by RhiannonHunt at 2:19 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• The last month babies gain about a pound a week. Ultrasound weights are up to 2 lbs
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:24 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• My son was born at 40 weeks and he weighed 6 lbs 10 oz and he was healthy other than needed antibiotics for maconium in the fluid. So i wouldn't worry about it. I'm sure your baby will be fine.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 2:45 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• 6 lbs right about now is average , and no it is not against the law for them to predict a babies weight it is a prediction , heck that would be like saying since they predict your due date it should be against the law.
    your babies weight is fine and just because you eat alot doesnt mean your baby is going to be huge , it just menas more fat on you .
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 10:28 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• 6 pounds is nice. this is just an approximation of the birth weight. They told me " that's no shrimp in there" meaning he was going to be big and he was 7 lbs. Please don't worry about stuff like this, you are almost done. Save your worry for when the baby is here, then you worry til you die lol. All part of being a mom.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:45 AM on Apr. 11, 2009