Is there any one else that is not close to their mom for what ever reason?

There is way too much to write but I just want to know how others handle it. Im only 23 yrs. old and my mom turned into an alcholic about 7 yrs ago and ever since then I have lost her completly. She always had problems with how she treated me and my other siblings but was hardest on me and the rest would agree with it. My mom always said I was her "Special Child" and thats why she fought so hard for me to stay on the right track. She has hurt me in ways you wouldnt even imagine, the most recent thing that was so disturbing to me is that when I gave birth to my son she showed up with alchol on her breath and then kept demanding to come in the room while I was in labor. I have the most wonderful OBGYN who also is very motherly to me and she straight up told my mom that shes going to have to stay in the waiting room and then she can come in withing 45 min. So what did my mom do, she left the hospital. Her very first grandson was

LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Asked by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 2:24 AM on Apr. 11, 2009 in Relationships

• OP.. born that day and she never saw him. To me that was the most hurtful thing she has done to me which doesnt say alot but she cant ever take that back. I have chosen in the past couple of months that things are better left alone, so we have no contact from here on out. Every once in a while she will text me and tell me she misses me and loves me very much. I get tears in my eyes cause every girl wants there mom but I lost mine along time ago and I have to except that, its jsut very hard. How do you deal with not having a realationship with your mom?
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 2:27 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• i'm not as close to my mom as i used to be.
    she has changed a lot sense her open heart surgery. and so have i. ...and she adopted my cousins baby which has put strain on our relationship too because of a number of reasons. But i still love her very much, and can see us becoming close once again, ...if she ever decideds to grow back her back bone.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:27 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• yeah im not close to my mother either im 20 my mother doesnt drink though,in fact she wants nothing to do with me or my husband or are unborn son. my sister at 16 lives with us because of the abuse my mother put us through. my sister actully has to be fed through a tube because she has been belimic for so long due to my mothers verbal abouse and she is terefied of poeple screaming at her or things moving toward her i think i came out the best though but i feel horribal for not takeing my sister with me sooner. i do however have my aunty tammy who took me in at 16 and has been like a mother to me and my sister. so i think it is great if you have found someone to step in and i feel for you and best of luck to you
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:33 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• My mom and I are definitely not close, and I think it's because I'm adopted. She couldn't get pregnant, so now that I'm pregnant I feel like there's some resentment. It doesn't help that hubby and I are living with my parents right now, until he can get into the police academy. It's just a stressful situation; luckily, the hospital I'm delivering at had a baby stolen a few weeks ago, so they're really stepping up security; so when I told my mom that she wouldn't be allowed in the delivery room, it wasn't my fault lol.
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 2:38 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• Thanks for posting Ano. Your so young like me, its sad to hear that our moms could do this kind of thing. If it werent for my husband and two year old son then I dont know how I would hole togeather. You say that you turned out the best, thats the same for me as well. I have an older sister who is 27 and is a pain pill adict and a younger sister who has changed shcools about 3 times cause shes always in trouble then I have a 19 yr old brother that is in and out of jail because he stold a girls purse and smokes week. On top of all that I have a dad who is living with me right now not by choice but because he pays half the rent and it makes it easier on my husband and I untill he gets his jernyman licsens for us to live and my dad is also adicted to pain pills. Me, nothing! My husband and I dont go to church or anything but we make sure that my son doesnt get close to my dad while hes here or any other family member and we
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 2:43 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• OP, hardly ever fight. Basically its as good as its going to get besides the fact that my father is living with us right now. We just got a house so hes staying in the guest bedroom but I cant wait to have my house back or move away to anther home.
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 2:45 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• No. My dad left when I was three. My mom said he didn't want to see us kids. I found out a few years ago that she was lying for 16 years. I had a knock at my front door and right away I knew it was my dad. Ever since than I only call my mom on her bday. I am so HURT and Angry with her and I think I ALWAYS will be.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:28 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• my whole life growing up i never felt close to either of my parents..my mom ran her own daycare in the house, so i always felt like she was putting the other kids ahead of me..and then as i got older i just felt us drift apart..like i couldnt talk to her about anything because shes very religous and if i was to talk to her about anything,all that would happen would be me getting grounded or in trouble for even thinking certain things..plus there was the whole age difference between us..she was 35 when she had me, and i guess she was just stuck in her ways, couldnt see that times were changing and what not..then when i got pregnant at 20, she pretty much became my best friend..i dont have many friends, and although she wasnt thrilled with me getting pregnant, because i wasnt married, wasnt in a serious relationship nothing..she still stood by my side completely..and these last 5 years since i had my daughter have been awesome
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 3:46 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• my mom and I used to be very close, but then she met a guy who somehow talked her into believing I was a "problem child" i was a goody goody two shoe back in the day!! I went to church every sunday never cussed you name it!! well because of this boyfriend of hers she kicked me out when I was fourteen and I was forced to live with my biological family, it was a blessing in disguise but it still hurts. I dont understand how a mother can choose a boyfriend over her own daughter?! I found out that he was abusive hitting her all the time, so i guess it was his way of getting me outta the house so i couldnt stick up for her or protect her or what not. It hurts thinking about it but I try not to let it get to me, I have a MIL who is the best and I love her to death
    Breezy1988

Answer by Breezy1988 at 3:51 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• My mom and I use to be close, I could tell her anything, but when I was about 16 things changed. She was way to over protective and hated every guy I dated. I left when I turned 18. I tolerate her now because she has my oldest daughter but thats it
    KallaLilli

Answer by KallaLilli at 9:19 AM on Apr. 11, 2009