Getting induced next week,Do you think the epidual will work??

ok so im getting induced next tuesday,because i have high blood pressure,but not preclamsea.Im planning on getting the epidural because i have a very low pain tolarine,but my back is different,my spine is not straight,my lower back has a little curve in it,so i was wondering if that will effect the epidural,please tell me it want i dont know what i would do,thanks everyone

hellokitty1825

Asked by hellokitty1825 at 2:29 AM on Apr. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It really just depends on if the doc can get it in the space between the vertebrae..if he can then it will
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:31 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• Well I can tell you from experience! I also have a curve to my back. With my first son they did an emergency c-section and the epidural worked just fine. With my second son, the epidural did not really work. It sucked but I got through it. With my daughter, it worked great! Chances are, it will work. There is also some medicines they can give you through your IV to help with pain too. Don't worry too much about it, the doctors will do everything they can for you.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 2:39 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• I have a curve in my spine too, and my epidural worked fantastically!
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 2:40 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• Talk to the anesthesiologist if you have any concerns. They can tell you how likely it is to work and they'll be able to feel your back and see if there will be any problems. GL!
    julipickle2

Answer by julipickle2 at 5:59 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• They are good at what they do! I am sure you will be fine.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:41 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• I don't have an answer for you, but I wanted to wish you GL... They're inducing me tomorrow night b/c of my BP too.
    MunchiesMom324

Answer by MunchiesMom324 at 11:46 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• I was induced because she was 2 weeks past due, and I also have a slight curvature of the spine. I got an epidural and it worked wonders! But it hurt getting it lol
    Mom2Rylin

Answer by Mom2Rylin at 8:31 PM on Apr. 12, 2009