how long can a contraction last?

im 34 weeks and just minutes ago i was having this reaaally bad pain in my low back that lasted for around 25 minutes, my hubby and i went for a walk to see if it would stop hurting but the pain went away on my back and got it as a pinching in my down there everytime i tried walking at a normal pace!

maryfer

Asked by maryfer at 2:31 AM on Apr. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Not 25 min lol. About a min or two in one phase of labor...shorter in other

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:33 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• then what do you think it was?
    maryfer

Answer by maryfer at 2:39 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• Maybe it was the baby in the wrong position..? That's what happens to me..
    But I think I am having false labor, I'm 32 weeks and I keep getting not hurting to die for, but pain in my side, then it goes to my middle of my stomach then into my vag., plus I've been leaking something.. my lower back also hurts too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:44 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• It's your muscles getting stretched out which makes you think It's a contraction. Happed to me all the time It's kind of a sharp pinching pain near your crotch area and lower back.
    faithsMoM27

Answer by faithsMoM27 at 2:53 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• it wasnt a contraction lol . god if they lasted that long noone would want a baby ever lol . it probably wsa something stretching or the baby moving down . contractions last only a min or 2
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 10:20 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• muscle spasm. when you are in labor you will know it. if you have a contraction that you cannot sleep, walk, or talk through...time to pack your bag and go. good luck.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:40 AM on Apr. 11, 2009