MY husband flips out

I am a stay at home mom. My husband works 40 hrs a week. Lately he has been coming home in a bad mood angry all the time. He gets mad and starts cussing and yelling putting me down its awful. I cook, I clean, I do everything with the kids.. He has no reason to get mad He says i am lazy, and i am not. He yells at me in front of our friends. They all say he is crazy. I cant leave.Then after he calms down he says he's sorryand that he loves me. I don't know what to do. He says very hurt full things to me. Need advice

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:30 AM on Apr. 11, 2009 in Relationships

• Maybe you should find the source that leads to him coming home in such a bad mood....perhaps work is quite stressful for him....and he comes home and takes it out on you......
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:37 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• Well, I had a husband just like that and I thought I couldnt leave either. But after 23 years of intense abuse with the same things you are saying = do you want to be a old woman with no chance of making your own way because he wont let you. I bet he controls the money, wont' let you go to school, wont let you get your own job. Then he will turn the kids against you. Make a plan, save some money, give a ultimatium he either changes or you leave. Get friends and parents involved, keep a journal as back up for evidence. Watch you children and if they aren't happy they will not grow into happy adults and will repeat and learn how to treat women from him.
    It will hurt, it takes a while but you will be happy later on. You have only one life, why waste it
    1pagenwoman

Answer by 1pagenwoman at 3:55 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• Yeah you should sit him down and tell him how much this is disrupting the home and hurting you and the kids. Let him know its become a problem. Ask him whats going on at work that is causing him to be so stressed. And how you both can help him not bring that stress home. Maybe he should take a chill pill on his way home...like sit somewhere after work and relax before he walks through that door. Basically, talk to him as firmly and lovingly as you can. Bottom line something has to change because its not healthy for anyone.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 3:58 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• Yes happy parents make for happy children. I would also suggest in maybe finding the source of his anger. That whole scene is bull in my opinion, no one person should ever disrespect another unless intentionally warrented, married or not. That is the whole problem with this world today, we all marry or commit ourselves for the children or marriage vows. BIG CROCK. Tell me where it says in the bible that a woman/man has to put up with demeaning to another person. Im not saying leave, at least dont until you get to the root of the problem. To say later that he is sorry is another "CROCK OF S@#T" we are adults and have to answer for our actions,we know right from wrong and know love versus hate, and have every control over every variable mentioned above. Stop being the beating post, stay calm and strong and never except such irrationale actions especially from your husband. You/your chidren depend on it and your marriage.
    Queenof8Bratz

Answer by Queenof8Bratz at 4:09 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• Have the doctor put him on Prozac.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:50 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• Anon 9:50,

That was just plain rude.

To the OP...talk to him, find out if there is something at work bothering him.
    Anonymous

• my advice to you is to let him know that what he is saying and doing is effecting you. if you let him keep doing so he will use that against you.
    mommy9182009

Answer by mommy9182009 at 12:04 AM on Apr. 13, 2009