Easter...

Has everyone forgot the meaning behind Easter???? I know the bunnies and eggs are fun but I dunno that is even close to the fact that JESUS DIED ON THE CROSS FOR US! :-( Kinda bummed out about all the bunny talk. Anyone have any thoughts about teaching a 2 yr old early about Jesus??? I dont wanna take the bunny fun from her but I want to add him in there as it is more important to me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:07 AM on Apr. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I just found this lady on youtube....she has a fantastic video on the story of easter and how to share it with your kiddos. Go to Youtube and type in Cullensabcs. It's the video featured on the top.
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 4:16 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• You celebrate your way, I'll celebrate my way.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:57 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• well anon if you are celebrating without Christ then you aren't celebrating Easter anyway. Just some day you color eggs and eat chocolate bunnies.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:51 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• op- here...
    We go to Church regularly & will be going tommarow as it an extra special day! :-D tommarrow after Sunday school tho they are having an Easter egg hunt. I guess it's ok (as well as lots of fun) Do you think it will be confusing? Thanks!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:17 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• We have always incorporated the TRUE meaning of Easter when teaching our children, and have downplayed the "bunny" thing because it seems so silly. They always received baskets with treats and gifts, but the meaning of Easter is always reiterated.
    This year I found a short book for children in one of our local Christian stores explaining the true story of Easter and I am putting it in the basket of my 2 month old granddaughter - she loves to be read to.
    I believe that the majority of people do know the true meaning of Easter, but for some reason do not share it with their children and it is not up to us to enforce it upon them to do so. Hopefully, a believer will enter their lives at some point and explain to them what they do not know.
    Have a blessed Easter!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 1:27 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• HE is risen! Praise the LORD!
    rose549

Answer by rose549 at 3:07 PM on Apr. 11, 2009