friendship?

i have some friends, were ok. were not REAL close, but were okay. close enough to be called a friend. anyways, were navy wives, and yes there are some gossip. so im never sure who i can trust with anything when it comes down to it.
anyways, i know it sounds dumb, but i always text them, (were 20), we myspace each other, or facebook comments. well, if they dont text or comment back, ever, wouldnt you think they didnt like you? keep in mind, they dont have kids, and thier on all the time.
i wasnt sure if i was being weird, or if anyone else would actually feel the same?

i dont gossip with other navy wives. i dont like trouble, so i know im not doing or saying anything wrong. what do u think it could be?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:56 AM on Apr. 11, 2009 in Relationships

• I would think they felt they had nothing in common with someone who had kids and stuck with talking to those who have no kids. I wouldn't take it as a rejection of you, just your role in life. It's rude yes but what can you do? nada

Answer by admckenzie at 10:10 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• Do they all have unlimited texting? If they do, then stop texting them. Some people just don't like to text a lot. I know its the IN thing but, still, not everyone does it.As far as comments on myspace, do you ask questions, or just make a general comment. that needs a comment back. I think maybe you are taking it all too personal and I wouldn't let it bother me.If it bothers you that they don't text back, stop doing it and maybe they will miss it.
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 5:20 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• I have a lot of close friends that i write to sometimes and don't hear from until months later. They all say they are just really bad at writing people back or busy doing other things which is understandable because i get that way sometimes too so maybe that is what's going on. If you run into them you can casually mention that you wrote to them and see what they say or how they act. Maybe they are the same way. Not too sure but i would confront them to find out if they don't like you or if they do. Good luck.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 5:52 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• If you see that they've logged on to myspace and they're not answering you back, or sending you any bumper stickers etc... then chances are they either just aren't in to that or they're not in to you. With texting... they gave you their number, so depending on who asked who for the number first... or maybe after getting to know you, maybe they're just not that in to you or maybe they've heard some sort of gossip about you . You said you don't gossip, but is it possible if you don't join in the gossip sessions they think you're stuck up?
    People are weird, they're too busy for their own family so I guess maybe it makes sense that they're too busy for their friends too (I'm not but seems everyone else is)
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 8:20 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• the problem may be that you don't gossip. And if that's it, then you probably don't want to be friends anyway.
    Buffie95

Answer by Buffie95 at 8:31 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• My son is confused about why I don't show up on facebook all the time. He knows I like playing on the computer. But I am not into facebook. I got an account so I could see the pictures of his children, not talk to people on it. So it could well be that the people you are trying to talk with that way aren't interested. Invite them for coffee or call and talk a short while. Keep it short in case they aren't interested in long conversations.

Answer by Bmat at 9:36 AM on Apr. 11, 2009