i am 17 and want to have a baby i been trying for 2 years and i cant concieve

i havent had my period for a year and i just recently startin getting it back in the beginning of 2009

bublbuttay104

Asked by bublbuttay104 at 7:39 AM on Apr. 11, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• i am so grateful to have a beautiful healthy baby boy and he was conceived because i was told i couldn't have kids so we didn't take precautions. i got pregnant at 18 and even though i love my son to death i wish he would have come a few years later. i have now officially screwed myself and my fiance financially and our social lives are GONE. i wouldn't trade it now but live your life and in a few years then start to think about having a child. also a baby puts A LOT of stress on a relationship and my fiance and i hit a rough patch that we didn't think we would get through. do yourself a favor and wait. also the reason u may not be able to conceive is because your not developed completely as a woman and some women's bodies aren't ready for pregnancy until their 20's. also consider the risk factor that you are more likely to miscarry or have an infant die of SIDS due to you having a child so young. now think about that b4 u try
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:55 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• Go to school instead.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 7:45 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• I do not want to be judgemental but why in the world would you want to have a baby at 17? People need to stop glamorizing teen pregnancy. Get you head out of the clouds and do something with your life. I know there are lots of teen moms on here and that is ashamed. You can rationalize it all you want but it is just so wrong.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:48 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• If you are 17, there are so many things that you need to focus on rather than having a baby. How would you take care of a baby? Do you have a financial backing that woud allow you to raise a baby? There are other things to consider like what you are going to miss out on if you are a responsible parent. You are very young and having a baby this early into your life would mean that there aren't parties that you go to and you won't get to hang out with your friends because you will have to bring your baby everywhere. You don't have an education that would help you give your baby the best start in life. Also, maybe it's a sign that your body isn't ready to have a baby. Yeah, you could get help from the state, but why start out struggling to raise a baby when you can wait, go to school and find a great job that would allow you to support a baby? Not trying to come down hard on you, but there are a lot of resposibilities.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:51 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• Looks like you just joined today about 10 minutes ago. This is "cafemom" a place for mothers. Not cafe teenagers want to have a baby. If this is a real questions then Im giving you a real answer. Get a dog if you have the need to mother something. Dogs give unconditional love.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:45 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• Are you married? Do you have a diploma? A job? A place to live other than your parents home? Do you have health insurance? Do you have a drivers license? A car? support from family and friends? income? If there is even ONE of these things that you dont have, then you have no business having a baby.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 10:32 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• Honestly hun, your body isn't ready. I would wait until I have a good eductaion, a good financial situation, a great husband, and a life of my own that out of mom and dad's home. You need to go experience life. You haven't seen it yet and I tell you I know plenty of moms who wouldn't give their child back but in the same breath they really wish that they would have waited to have a baby. Babies aren't noviltiy toys, they are real people who demand your care and attention 100% of the day. They don't know what the world is about and need you to teach it to them. So would could you offer a baby if you haven't even gotten a chance to live yet? What lessions can you teach that child about life and growing? not much at all hua? I would honestly wait until you are stable all around.
    treswifey8607

Answer by treswifey8607 at 10:35 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• STAY IN SCHOOL, GO TO COLLEGE AND GET A JOB. BE SELF-SUFFICIENT AND AN ADULT BEFORE YOU GO AND GET PREGNANT. BEING PREGNANT AND HAVING A BABY ISN'T A GAME, IT IS A FULLTIME JOB THAT THERE ARE NO VACATIONS, NO SICK DAYS, NO TIME OFF. IT IS 24/7, 365. I WAS 24 WHEN I HAD MY SON AND DOING IT ALONE HASN'T BEEN EASY. I GAVE UP A LOT, LESS FREEDOM, CAN'T DO OR HAVE WHATEVER I WANT. I LOVE MY SON AND WOULD DO IT OVER AGAIN, BUT I WOULD BE MORE FINANCIALLY STABLE SO WE DIDN'T HAVE TO STRUGGLE SO MUCH. DO NOT DO IT, THINK BEFORE YOU DO THIS. YOU HAVE NO BUSINESS HAVING A BABY AT 17. YOU REALLY NEED TO GROW UP FIRST.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:43 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• I had my first at 18, I wish that I would have taken my time and not only studied and gotten a better foot hold in the job world first, but also taken more time to realize that I wasn't with some one that loved me. I was used to have a baby. He wanted one, I was willing, and a lie or two latter, his family was there to help with the baby they thought was a pure accident. So later he took custody of the baby and won't talk to me now. Even with my other two I still wish that they hadn't come so soon. Waiting and getting yourself settled and straight is better for every one, including the unconcived baby.
    Anonymous

• okay im not gonna yell lecture or even began to explain in detail how this post is wrong. i had my first kid at 16 drop out because i almost lost her alot an had a horrible pregnancy an delivery. im with the man of my dreams NOW. an with my daughter his two kids an then me being pregnant its alot im only 19 recently. when i had my daughter at 16 noone was around everyone left friends family boyfriends it was me an her an althought i love her an wouldnt change it you have to understand i will never be able to go to prom graduate from high school [i have my ged instead], i dont get to go to colloge or get a job hangout with friends. for me to go anywhere i have to make sure i have a sitter if the baby is sick all plans are off. my daughter is my life an i wouldnt trade her for anything but it would be nice to have the chance to make it on my own my own apartment. find the horse before the carriage. think about things..
    SouthernMomma04

Answer by SouthernMomma04 at 1:42 PM on Apr. 11, 2009