Need advise.....

I'm not sure where to put this but... I am currently on anti-depressants for PPD and my husband lost his job in November. we have bothed looked everywhere for work and nobody is hiring right now. we have been evicted and need to be out of our house by wednsday. I was getting food stamps and medical, but with the new systom they have right now with the budget crisis they lost the paperwork i turned in and have now stopped everything. so it might not be for few more weeks until we get anything. i have a 3 year old and a 10 month old, when we have to leave on wednsday we have no where to go. My husband gets unemployment but it isn't even enough to get a studio apt. Please don't bash about the food stamps because i worked all the way up until i delivered and i do pay taxes so i think it's fair to say i could use it if i truly need it. I just need some reasurence that things will get better because right now i feel hopeless.......

jnsdrf

Asked by jnsdrf at 8:06 AM on Apr. 11, 2009 in Health

• group hug hang in their sweetie. 

It the struggles in life that makes you strong.  Stay positive and don't give up in looking for answers.

cm08

Answer by cm08 at 10:47 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• Another thing i have looked into all the shelters in my city and they are all full. I am worried about my kids health and what this might do to them. Any advice at all would be helpful or just help me try to stay sane.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 8:08 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• OK with being evicted, did you go to court? You only have till WEd? Why are you being evicted? What was the process of this eviction? You have no family or friends that will let you stay with them? I can't believe not one person would allow you to. If no one will there are homeless shelters you can go to.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:09 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• Try Catholic Charities. I didn't see your other response.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:10 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• i will look into that, thanks, we did go to court and they are giving us 5 days to get out and we went yesterday.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 8:16 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• the reason we were evicted is because we couldn't pay rent. we haven't paid since november so i do feel lucky they let us stay this long.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 8:17 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• OK, well they just can't give you 5 days notice to get out, did you know that? They have to give you 30 days
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:21 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• OK i read wrong, i thought u said u didn't go to court
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:22 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• Def go with cathoilc charities

Anonymous

• around here ,they have to give you 30 days( with an eviction notice) and 60 if you have a child.good luck Honey,do you have emergency housing,like Hud ,where they pay your rent or most of it according to your income? If so check into it,because in your situation you should be bumped up top of the list.Also do you have churches in your community ,to help you with food? dont be to proud to ask for help,like you said you guys have worked,just right now you are just down on your luck.I will be praying God moves in a mighty way for you all.
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 8:23 AM on Apr. 11, 2009