Gas and fussiness

My son is 3 weeks old and screaming everytime he has gas! I put gas drops in his formula, but it dont help. does anyone have any ideas how to make him fell better?

jessduncan77

Asked by jessduncan77 at 8:50 AM on Apr. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Baby massage. Lay him on his belly and do small circular motions from his back all the way down to his lower back, then roll him over and go from the chest down to his pubic area. Try a rice pack. You put white rice in a sock and warm it for a few seconds and lay in on his stomach. Also have you tried a different formula? Sometimes its to strong so you can put a little extra water in it. DONT PUT THE DROPS IN HIS FORMULA EITHER. GIVE THEM TO HIM ABOUT 20 MINUTES BEFORE HE EATS.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 8:57 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• Put a few peppermint drops in some warm water, or if you dont have peppermint drops use a red candy cane and dissolve some of the candy cane in water until some of the red comes off then warm it up. It helps soothe them. then start burping him. that and mylcon gas drop worked wonders for my daughter.
    kaitsmommy1008

Answer by kaitsmommy1008 at 9:07 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• what kind of formula is he on? milk or soy?? and i would not put the gas drops in his formula
    danielle072903

Answer by danielle072903 at 8:21 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• he is on enfamil with irom( reg can)
    jessduncan77

Answer by jessduncan77 at 9:13 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• I have the same problem with my son (he is 1 month) and on the same formula. the gas drops help some but not completely. try giving your LO the drops before each feeding and when he has gas, lay him down on his back, take both of his legs and push them up to his belly (not hard). he will fight you a little b/c he's trying to get the gas out himself, but just keep repeating. after about 5-10 pushes my son starts farting and feeling much better. you can also do a bicycle movement with his legs too. hope this helps. good luck!
    robbinsme

Answer by robbinsme at 7:01 PM on Apr. 12, 2009