what would you do if a stylist F*** up your hair?

i wanted to color my hair a burgundy red, i told the stylist that i needed to have my hair lightened first being my roots that were 2 inches long were dark blonde/lightbrown and the rest was a medium brown. she DID NOT try to lighten my hair first just put red dye on and now my roots are bright red and the rest dark brown almost black. im so pissed, now i have to face the inlaws looking like a freak for easter. should i ask for some or all of my money back?
and having her trying to fix it is not an option, i will not go back to her for any type of work being done i dont want my hair worse than it is.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:23 AM on Apr. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I have had problems before with cuts, color, etc. This is what I do now to avoid the problem all together. When I go in I find out who will be working on my hair. Then I tell her exactly what I want. I also tell her that while I appreciate her talents - I am not willing to be a guinea pig for her free reign. I want what I want and if I am not happy with the results - I didn't get what I asked for - I will NOT be paying!! So far, I have not had to refuse to pay, but I have clearly warned them that I won't if it is not done well.
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 10:32 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• OP here
    would like to add that the last time i colored my hair was 8 months ago, and i DONT blow dry or use irons or styling products, i just shampoo condition and towel/ air dry, so my hair was in good condition b4 i went to this stylist
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:26 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• I would ask for all my money back. I would also go the BBB and see if there was any complaints about the salon and maybe put one in myself.

You can get temp hair dye in different colors, that washes out after a shower or two. I'd get a color that matched my outfit and show up with colorful hair. If you're going out, may as well go big! Make them remember it forever!
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 9:28 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• my daughter is a stylist and does redos all the time.make them do it again...and if the color just couldnt be done they should have told you.my daughter does .she tells people you just cant get platinum blonde out of jet black...i would go back what she should have done is put in a base color.then do it from there.or just told you we cant do it.....sorry
    raineydays377

Answer by raineydays377 at 9:53 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• Ask for you money back and take it to someone else to do it. That really sucks.
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 9:55 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• I would cry buy a scarf or a tie back and wait for it to grow out enough to go elsewhere .
    It is just hair and there are bigger problems in my world .
    But that is just me I know for some it is a major thing .
    I hope it works out
    CSRodriguez

Answer by CSRodriguez at 11:02 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• oh hell no, I would have never paid for that. Thats bullshit, I would go back and talk to her supervisor, explain the situation and show her your hair!
    Kbmancine

Answer by Kbmancine at 11:08 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• Well as I always say "its just hair" its not like it doesn't grow out or cannot be fixed. Just ask for a redo from a different stylist.
    aritoyh

Answer by aritoyh at 11:33 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• I've had a stylist actually singe my hair, which was 2 feet long, off at the scalp with a curling iron. She tried to cover it up, but obviously I could feel the difference when I ran my hand through my hair. I insisted another stylist in her salon provide a haircut-- since I obviously didn't trust the first stylist-- and got a really short, but cute haircut.

They charged me half the price of the original style (it was supposed to be an updo), and a free haircut. I did tip both the stylists for their time. But needless to say, I never, ever went back to that salon.
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 11:38 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• I wouldnt have left. I would have pitched a fit and asked for it to be redone or have ur money back. If its not permanent then it can be rinsed out.
    lilmsnay83

Answer by lilmsnay83 at 12:36 PM on Apr. 11, 2009