My mom thinks my 2mo. old son is cutting teeth is this possible?

i have a 2 mo old boy and he is drooling a lot some times i mean his shirt has a big wet spot and his mouth will be covered with drool and spit bubbles and all yesterday he was crabby he would only sleep maybe 1/2 hour at a time and want to be held and up untill last night i gave him some tylenol like not even 2min. later he passes out do u think he is cutting teeth?

rero0701

Asked by rero0701 at 9:39 AM on Apr. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• he might. My dd started teething around 2 months, drooling really bad so her bed all around her head was soaked crankyness and everything, but her teeth didnt break through till 8 months! Gl
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 9:45 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• Its not unheard of..... but, at 2 months old, a lot is going on. He may just have gotten his saliva glands working, and that's why he's drooling. At 2 months, they also go through a growth spurt, so he may be more hungry, which leads to not sleeping well, and being cranky.
    my4lads

Answer by my4lads at 9:48 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• Anything is possible with babies! lol... look at his gums to see if they show signs of teething... My dd started teething at 3mo.. I think its even possible for them to be born with cutting teeth, or have a tooth already, but those may fall out before baby teeth come in? cant remember ...
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 9:52 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• Yes babies can start teething without actually getting there teeth in. My daughter started teething around 2 months, but she is actually cut her first tooth yesterday :) and she is 6 months
    kaitsmommy1008

Answer by kaitsmommy1008 at 10:26 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• I agree with the other mommies . . it's possible . . my son started the same thing at about 2 mos, but didn't get his teeth until about 7 mos . . you could try a cool teething ring if you think his gums are sore . .
    BeautifulMomof1

Answer by BeautifulMomof1 at 10:35 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• sounds like teething to me. I have three kids 7, 4, and 22 months/ I do not care what drs say, all of my kids when they teeth, they get diareah and fever.. drs say this isnt part of teeth but I know it was for my kids.. Give baby a cold washcloth to chew on. dont leave her in the room alone with it, jusdt watch her, also teething tablets are also safe for babys this age, you can find them at walmart and drug stores, they dissolve in seconds and they work!! better than gel, the teething gel can numb there tung and babys can swallow it!! mail me if you need other suggestions ...luv bree
    jesussaves424

Answer by jesussaves424 at 10:45 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• Yep and usually the signs of teething show up long before the actual teeth do. A baby can show swollen gums, drooling, crankiness etc up to 2 months before an actual tooth shows up. My kids started at 2 mos with the signs of teething and usually got the tooth around 4 months.

babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 11:54 AM on Apr. 11, 2009