• In the Spotlight:

what about my daughter???

last night the neighborhood had a big east party with a egg hunt...everyone says ignore them dont deal with them.well we havent.but what about my daughter..all her friends were down there ..she was crying.we dont know what the problem is.we brought the little girl down a birthday gift and my daughter still wasnt invited.i mean this was a big party on a cul de sac.its like everyone around us was invited...my daughter cant handle this anymore and neither can i.yes she does have other friends.and she plays with them...these are the same woman that didnt help my daughter when she fell off her bike.i dont need bashing i need help this is my neighborhood and its happening all around us everyday.....:(

raineydays377

Asked by raineydays377 at 9:48 AM on Apr. 11, 2009 in General Parenting

• I've had the same problem in the past, and we had to move... It got so bad... All I can say is good luck... I went through it, and I still don't have the answers.
    lara_b

Answer by lara_b at 10:06 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• Why do they hate you? What's the background here?

What a shitty thing to do to you and your daughter. :( I'm sorry.
    SarahColbert

Answer by SarahColbert at 10:25 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• her daughter slapped my daughter in the face and it just elevated from there....
    raineydays377

Answer by raineydays377 at 10:54 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• Wow, poor kid. Thats really immature of another adult to do. Its almost like its to spite you and rub it in your face. She should have invited everyone that knows her daughter. We as parents sometimes hang on to offenses with our kids that the kids get over so quickly but we keep it going as adults. The girls probably would be fine and get along if the mother would let it go. I am sorry your child has to deal with this. Kudos to you for being the mature one and taking that child a gift. Did you speak to the mother when you went down there? Was this a party planned by the mom or a block party? Maybe next time, just take your daughter and leave. Either go out to eat, or shopping or take her to another friends house. Don't stay home and watch everyone having fun from the windown. Some people just need to grow up. So sorry.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 11:16 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• Find other friends and do things with them. It isn't fair that she is being left out but I hate to say it, life is not fair. We have to learn that from an early age and it hurts. Concentrate on other friends, invite them over and do things with them. Have parties of your own with different friends. Why would you keep her outside to watch what was going on? Take her somewhere, the park, to dinner or a movie. I would also talk to the mom and the other moms in the neighborhood, if it is a party for the neighborhood, all neighbors should have been invited. It's just the right thing to do, not that everyone does the right thing.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:09 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• invite a ton of friends to your house and have a huge party with out them. that will show them!!
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 12:20 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• i did for my birthday not neighbors i think she goes under the theory that paybeack is a bitch.but it was even the neighbors.it was my family...i cant win.its a spitting contest.i have done everything possible to win these people now i just want revendge...
    raineydays377

Answer by raineydays377 at 12:28 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• go fork her yard or tee pee her house, but forking the yard is much funnier!!!! go to the store buy a good bit of plastick forks one night when no one is away go over and take all of them handle first and stick them in the ground so she sees the eating part of the fork, its quite funny i've done it as a practical joke!!! that or you could paintball her car?
    chloeconnor

Answer by chloeconnor at 12:41 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• Forking the yard?! LMAO Haven't seen that done in AGES!

But, honestly, OP. I think the party throwers are just as immature as their kid. Just let your daughter know that she was too good and too sweet to go or just let her know that they didn't invite her because they are jealous of her. Really, they were pretty immature about the whole thing. I say throw your DD a party with friends from the same neighborhood and just ignore them. If they happen to show up, tell them to get lost. It's invitation only to your daughter's party and anyone who didn't get an invite is not good enough to be around her. :)
    Mina2904

Answer by Mina2904 at 3:22 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• oh come on they are obvious snobs your daughther is too good for them
    There are always going to be snotty bitches hep your daugther realize they are not worthy of her attention
    CSRodriguez

Answer by CSRodriguez at 3:30 PM on Apr. 11, 2009