Would this make you mad?

I just called my mom to check the agenda for today and she accused me of telling my 5 yr old that I hadn't talked to the Easter bunny. My daughter had told her that I hadn't talked to the easter bunny yet so she wasn't gettin a basket. My mom is having to take care of the baskets this year because I have been sick and missed work and going to the dr they only thing I have mentioned is I asked the girls what they wanted in thier baskets and they both said spongebob and I told them I would remind the Easter bunny that they liked spongebob.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:58 AM on Apr. 11, 2009 in Relationships

• Let go of being mad & just remind your mom that kids have the best imaginations in the world. They will hear one thing & take it to a different level because they put so much into picture format & most come up with a story. Kids get worried too!

Tell your mom how much you appreciate everything she is doing to support you & your family & that it was no way an intention to have a damper for Easter. You being sick has just not allowed the excitement to be there & enjoy being with your family. Too many are without family & funds right now.

Our kids go looking for the Easter Bunny each Easter! My husband drives around in his pick up truck off roading looking to discover the Easter Bunny. While they are driving around all the kids get the story of Jesus Rising to save our sins. They also spot many jack rabbits & cotton tails & have a great time. Tell your kids what you want & bring your values into each holiday.
    LegacyKimberley

Answer by LegacyKimberley at 11:26 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• No but then again I never told my kids stories like the Easter Bunny brings baskets.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:03 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• eh, not really, I would just tell the daughter that I certainly had talked to the Bunny (and you did, the one who's making baskets is the bunny) and Easter will be great.

I wouldn't stay mad about it, it's too little, but I honestly don't let a whole lot get me mad.
    LuckyClown

Answer by LuckyClown at 10:15 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• It wouldn't make me mad, but it would probably get to me. Just because my dad and his mom would say something like that to me. And they would say it without my son talking to them, just to get on my nerves, but my mom asks me things before she accuses.
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 10:34 AM on Apr. 11, 2009