water

My son is almost 5 months old, would it be okay to start giving him a little bit of water or maybe even juice if its watered down?? I want to start teaching him how to use a sippy cup, cause he is very interested in our cups, so I figured water would be best instead of formula sitting out in it. Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:02 AM on Apr. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• if you have started on solid foods, i wouldnt see an issue. i give my baby watered down baby juice and she loves it. especially on a warm day...
    treswifey8607

Answer by treswifey8607 at 10:10 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• Ive been giving my daughter water and watered down juice for a while she is six months. Just make sure and keep a good eye on him though. i noticed that sometimes my daughter choke with water and juice becuase of how it is not thick.
    kaitsmommy1008

Answer by kaitsmommy1008 at 10:22 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• We started with water in the sippy right before 6 mos to get her used to them and transitioned over at 6 mos. I give my lo water at about 1-2 oz a day.
    coala

Answer by coala at 11:16 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• You don't need sippy cups. Just give him a little bit in a regular cup. All you have to do is hold it up to his mouth, pour a little and he will learn to drink out of it. Just be gentle. Kids can learn to hold a regular cup (NOT a sippy cup) around 12-18 months. The sippies just prolong the sucking from the bottle. Just my personal opinion. A waste of money if you ask me.
    Anonymous