What can I do about Seperation Anxiety?

I already know I have a seperation issue with my son. He can't go an entire night in his own bed. He wakes up half way through and climbs into mine. I'm trying to wean him because well, he's 2 1/2 but also because I'm pregnant. (he kicks, I hurt, I take up more room, I only have a single bed, and I want to breatsfeed) But my son left yesterday morning to spend the weekend with my sister. I'm used to it because my parents take him for the weekend twice a month. But I woke up in the middle of the night and felt completely lost. I felt empty and like I had no purpose. I could have sat down in the middle of the floor and cried, and it took me 2 hours to fall back asleep. I dunno if my pregnancy is making it worse, or if it's because it was my weekend with him.... But what can I do about it?

ExenoRainbow

Asked by ExenoRainbow at 10:07 AM on Apr. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i know how you feel i use to be that way with my son if he wwent anywhere id go nuts i wouldnt know what to do , youll just have to get over it your self , like let him go stay nights with family more . if you dont he will just be jealous of the new baby
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 10:23 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• I know how you feel. I lost two babies due to miscarriages and when I had my dd after those I was so estatic. I am a sahm and am with her all day everyday and when someone babysits I feel lost and dont know what to do or how I should feel. I dont know what to do about it though, just thought I'd write so you know your not the only one
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 10:27 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• Nice to know, and sad at the same time I'm not the only one. :) But I guess it's normal right? I mean spend 24/7 with them , they deinfe who you are.. so it kinda makes sense, even if it doesn't make it any easier.
    ExenoRainbow

Answer by ExenoRainbow at 10:30 AM on Apr. 11, 2009