Here we go again...

What started as a trip for a job quote, became also a time for me to get to visit my family I haven't seen since Christmas. But, the one thing that happens almost every time happened again. That's right I'm not gonna get to visit now. Seems we don't have the money for gasoline to travel there now,but I'm use to that. Almost every time I get my hopes up for getting to go,they always revert back the same way each time. Which is we stay at home and don't go. Man am I so tired of always having my hopes crushed every time. What would you do if you had a choice in choosing? And if you have any ideas please share them with me. Thanks....desperately seeking answers / HELP!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:12 AM on Apr. 11, 2009 in Relationships

• Save all of your change... put it in a jar called "Family Trip Fund" and every extra bit of money you find or can spare throw it in... we had a curse word jar and according to different words we had to put in amounts of money depending on how bad the words were and then when the jar got ful, we put it in the savings account. We usually use it for Christmas, but it could be for whatever you wanted it for.
    I'd put $10 a week or month in there if I could and in a month or so you should be able to afford the gas (you can use coupons or something and put the money you saved in the jar maybe)
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 11:35 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• well..not having the money for gas is a good excuse, one that make a big difference in getting there. Sooo, if i were you and you really wanted to go..the next time you get the chance, i would let the excuse "No money for gas" be the stopping argument. Everytime you go to the grocery store or fill up with gas...put 5 - 20 bucks aside. Hide it, dont spend it. before long you will have several hundred dollars, dont tell that you have it even when the trip comes up again...just say that "someone" from your family is funding the trip..all you have to do is go! be interesting what the excuse will be then. Then you will know eighter that he doesnt really want to go or he was really concerned abut money.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:35 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• You might want to ask this in Money & Work. They might have better ideas.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:53 PM on Apr. 11, 2009