Land of the Free?

Are we still free? We are told we can't pray in public schools, since the 1960's. We have to be politically correct to not offend others. It's okay to slam Christianity, but not okay to people who are homosexual/lesbian?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:21 AM on Apr. 11, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I second foreverb3's answer! Well done!! Our country was found on moral principles and values and our nation has gone astray from them. We are loosing our freedoms more and more with this administration! Not only did our forefathers fight and die for, but our founding fathers passionately decreed!  It shouldn't matter what faith you are or aren't, it should matter what our morals, principles and values are!  And our moral compass is pointing due south now!!

blessed5x

Answer by blessed5x at 10:51 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• Read your Constitution. So are you saying that Christians are not slamming people with other faiths????????

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:24 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• In a way we are still free. In a way we aren't. No one is "slamming" Christianity. Taking the praying out of schools and what not has to do with separating church and state. Schools (other than religious) are run by the state, and not private. And IDK if you've seen the commercials about "That's so gay." But people say it ALL the time. That's hurtful to some. They get called worse names, and get terrorized worse than I have ever seen happen to a Christian. But, times are changing and lesbian/gay couples are more forthcoming with their sexuality now a days. It's becoming more appropriate. Which is fine. It's not 1970 anymore. Things, people, laws, everything changes and there's really not much you or I can do about it. =]
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 10:29 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• Christianity covers all faiths: Catholics, baptist, protestants, presbyterian, etc. etc. We are a country of mixed faith and beliefs. Are we free? Well, to a certain extent yes we are. In other ways no. We are losing more and more of our freedoms that our forefathers fought for. We have become a nation of crybabies that whines over every little word. What difference does it make to you if I pray or pledge allegiance to the flag? Why is that a bad thing? Why do my morals and values offend you? We have taken prayer out of school. We are trying to remove the pledge of allegiance. Has it ever occured to people that we are replacing these basic morals and values with guns and violence? This is acceptable? Not to me......
    foreverb3

Answer by foreverb3 at 10:37 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• foreverb
    Sorry Christianity is not covering all faiths.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:39 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• Not everyone has the same morals, views, religion. Prayer and such, was taken out of schools for a reason. Not to be replaced with guns and violence. It was taken out because it's not right for someone, other than the parent, to teach a CHILD religion, including other types of religion. It's not someone else's place to do so. It's the parents' place. The child doesn't know which is wrong and which is right. That's not the child's decision either, it's the parents' decision. Just like I'm not going to go teach YOUR child what my beliefs are, and tell them they should come to my church/place of worship, I don't expect you to do that either.
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 11:00 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• We are told that we cannot have a group prayer time, publicly acknowledged prayer is how I interpret that. However, no one has to know if you are praying or not. You can pray if you want to and no one can stop you. In fact, if you are not in a holy place, it is best not to make a public spectacle of your prayer, but pray privately. I say many small prayers during the course of the day no matter where I am or what I am doing.

NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 11:00 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• The Bible says that near the end of days that good will be called evil and evil will be called good. It comes as no surprise to me that Christians are bashed. It could be that those days are near. However, it has always been this way through time. In fact there has been plenty of people who called themselves Christian and persecetued others in Christ's name, giving Christianity a bad name. So many judge Christ and the Christian faith by the Christian individual. It is very important for Christians to model Christ, but since Christ is perfection, no human can measure up to his standards as in other religions. There is no comparison! The Bible also says that if you are a Christian you can expect persecution. Why would we expect to be treated better than Christ himself was treated? We live in a fallen world.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 11:04 AM on Apr. 11, 2009