really ticked off. anyone agree with me?

My DF and i only have 1 vehicle and im a SAHM so im constantly without a car. His car died last year and he has been using mine since. Well he beat my car into the ground so we traded it in and got an SUV so we have more room, anyhow, i told him i was taking him to work today so i can use the car all day (i wanted to get DDs easter dtuff and go spend time with my dad) and this was only because i know he will be done by 10 tonight so im not worried about taking DD out too late i never ask during the week cause he works too late and i dont want the hassel anyhow again lol. he looked at me and was like "why do you ened the car all day anyway" WTH! why is it he always says if you ever wanna take me to work i dont mind and then i ask and he gets all attitudey! im so ticked especially cause i have only got to drive the new car 2 times! anyone agree? what would you say to him? do you think thats rude?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:31 AM on Apr. 11, 2009 in Relationships

• I would tell him to F off. You have kids and may need the car to do chit like you want to today. He is at work anyway, why does he need the car?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:34 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• Exactly. He's at work. He needs the car for what?...... I say next time tell him that the kids have a dentist appt or something. It's not like your going out to do a drug run. OH!! better yet, tell him you have to go do a drug run!!! =]
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 10:42 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• i agree f off and to bad for you and why do u need it all day your at work. second if something happend to dd you need the car to get her to the doc. if he has it he has to leave work. stand your ground and tell him im taken the car and maybe i will take it tomorrow.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 10:42 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• I was in that situation a about 2 months ago with my DH. The car was in both our names but yet he took it to work all the time leaving me without the car. If I mentioned I needed it he would have an excuse as to why he needed it. So I finally had enough and said you know what we both have things to do and I am tired of waiting for you to get home so I can be driven around so I am taking the car and doing what I want and you can either let me take you or find a ride. Well, I used the car and then he went and bought me a new one so he could have his car.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 10:56 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• I would say F off its our car not just yours and Im taking it today!!! end of story...he is at work all day so he doesnt need the car to be parked all day while you have things to get done.
    JTAJT

Answer by JTAJT at 11:08 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• i would just say that I need to run around a bit today and need a way to get there. And then maybe mention hey, you said if i ever need to take you to work to get stuff done you said that was fine. Sometimes reminding him what he says is helpful too. I wouldnt have an attitude about it, but just say, i need the car and he said that i could take himto work. then i would say, what time do you want me to pick you up??
    ministrymom

Answer by ministrymom at 11:10 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• you need the car everyday, he doesnt. you can drop him off or he can catch a ride with one of his work buddies...or better yet, he & his buddies can have a "fix my (his) car weekend" or go looking for an old beat up truck for cheap. Some of the older mom & pop car lots you can find and old truck and they will let you make cheap payments to them. just a thought...cause.at my house, I drive the "Mommy wagon/SUV" & hubby bought an old truck for $1200. and he drives that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:19 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• i would be a total bitch about this because i've been through it, last time this happened to me i got up got the kids ready and myself before he did when he got up i was already in the van waiting on him i took him and dropped him off he wasn't exactly happy but he got over it quick, i went and picked up up from work lol, if i was you i would do that, just get everyone ready and go sit in the drivers seat and start the vehicle when he's ready to go he will get in the car just take and drop him off
    Anonymous

• Honestly if it were my husband I'd tell him:

You know what screw you! I was just run all my errands walking with your child. But don't worry if she's tired she'll just have to suck it up cause daddy would rather have the car sit at work all day instead of letting mommy use it.
    Momma2beauties

Answer by Momma2beauties at 12:32 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• i would tell him that you are using the car and if he doesn't like it to bad. your married it is not just his car it is your car too.
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 12:56 PM on Apr. 11, 2009