late but not pregnant - How accurate is First Response?

I'm two weeks late. I don't smoke marijuana. I haven't binge dieted or gained. I'm just 40 years old. No hot flashes or dryness. And, I didn't have sex. I took First Response hpt to rule out pregnancy. It was negative. I tested a week apart. This is the first time this has happened to me. I can lend the blame to stress, but I handle stress pretty well. (I just vent to my dog and take a deep breath, and then I'm better.) There were no accumulative changes until this point. I've been very regular.

Is this normal?
Have many other women on CM experienced this?
How stressed out does a person need to be to suddenly change?
How heavy or light does a person need to be?

I just want my period back! :-S

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:16 AM on Apr. 11, 2009 in Health

• menopause??
    Kbmancine

Answer by Kbmancine at 11:17 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• Huh? I don't understand why you're asking about the accuracy of First Response, when you underlined that you haven't been sexually active. Are you thinking immaculate conception? I'm a little confused. Why don't you just call your doctor's office?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:26 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• otc tests are all pretty much the same, even $store ones. Docs use the same thing, unless they draw blood to check hormone levels, which is what i suggest you do if period doesnt come. If you are not sexually active, then obviously you are not preg, but call doc to see hwats up. good luck :o).
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 12:05 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• also...it could be pre menopause so have your hormone levels checked for more info on that.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 12:06 PM on Apr. 11, 2009