Do you kiss your baby or younger children on the lips?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:27 AM on Apr. 11, 2009 in General Parenting

• I kiss all my kids on the lips. They are 8, 7, 6 and 3.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:28 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• I don't kiss my son on the lips, but right next to him....he's got wicked kissable cheeks and those little dimples at the side of the mouth..they are soo cute I just can't help but kiss him.
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 11:29 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• Used to but sometime after he became a teen he started giving me his cheek but once in a great while he will kiss me on the lips still- he's 16.
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 11:31 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• I know a lot of people who do but never in my family. I was raised that kissing on the cheek was ok unless you're an adult and or it's your boyfriend / girlfriend / husband / wife.
    mom_wrhsc

Answer by mom_wrhsc at 11:31 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• Yes, I do.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:32 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• We do lip kisses. My kids are 11, 6 and 3 weeks (baby gets cheek kisses). My husband feels our daughter is too old for lip kisses so he kisses her on the forehead or cheek.
    sillyt

Answer by sillyt at 11:44 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• Yep! Sure do!
    Haidens_Mama

Answer by Haidens_Mama at 11:44 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• I do. But just my kids and my husband. My parents I will kiss on the cheek now. As with my sisters and my inlaws. I used to kiss my parents on the lips until I was about 12 or so.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 11:45 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• Yep.... of course
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 11:45 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• I think its more of a "Mom" thing--like the kiss of life because we bore them. My Mom still kisses me and my brother on the lips, but my dad always kissed us on the cheek. Now my girls are 26 and 24 and they still give me kisses on the lips, but their dad they kiss on the cheek. Until this question, you know I really never thought about it. It was something natural that we always did without thinking about it.
    Msaural

Answer by Msaural at 11:51 AM on Apr. 11, 2009