allergic reaction

after i had my first son two years ago i became allergic to every soap but baby soap so i had to wash my hands with baby soap or my hands would break out. now that i had my youngest son 13 days ago i became allergic to baby soap as well. has this happened to anyone else? and if so what can i use that won't hurt my hands?

SpringMommy07

Asked by SpringMommy07 at 11:39 AM on Apr. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Not with soap, but I became allergic to latex while carrying my first child, so developing allergies during pregnancy is really common.

Have you tried the hypoallergenic soaps? You might call your doctor to see what he recommends. As far as bathing your kids, you could try the platex gloves til you figure something out.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 11:53 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• Have you tried regular soap now that you are allergic to baby soap? It's amazing how our bodies change due to hormones. I actually no longer need reading glasses b/c of the pregnancy!

What about hand sanaztizer? Or just alcohol?

http://www.bonsavon.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=0830

Chances are it's something in the soap. what different types have you tried? Are there different levels of reaction?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• i became allergic to my dish soap while pregnant with my first son and since i smoke i wash my hands after each time smoking so i had to use baby soap but now my hands break out to baby soap. they get all dry and rough and my knuckles start to crack and bleed.
    SpringMommy07

Answer by SpringMommy07 at 12:25 PM on Apr. 11, 2009