When can my almost 7 month old start eating three times a day?

My little one right now drinks four bottles and eats cereal with fruit in the morning, and vegetables in the evening. I want to move her on to meats, and get to where she's eventually just two or three bottles a day (same amount of milk) and three regular meals.

s_khammond08

Asked by s_khammond08 at 11:42 AM on Apr. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• as long as you and baby are comfortable with it i would...all you can do is try...good luck
    busymamma503

Answer by busymamma503 at 1:03 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• Most babies are on formula for the first 12 mos, it's their primary source of nutrition. Baby food, etc is introduced starting around 4-6 months, but it's kind of just "practice" swallowing, tastes, textures, etc. until about a year. But you can feed her baby food 3 times a day, she just isn't going to get all her nutrition from it yet. What's your doc say?
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 1:46 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• my son is almost 5 months and get gets 3 meals a day, 4 if you count his cereal before bedtime. He eats cereal with fruit for breakfast, applesauce for lunch, and a veggie for dinner. then cereal and fruit before bed. And he also gets 30oz of formula a day also, hes a big boy though. 20lbs already, and 29 in long. I would say go for it.
    Anonymous