c-section/hospital visitors?

how soon did u have hospital visitors aftera c-section? is the next day too soon or will i be in too much pain?

charlene29

Asked by charlene29 at 11:43 AM on Apr. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i havent had one but my girlfriend sara did and she had people to see her the next morning. she had her csection in the early morning tho so everyone showed up aftre teh sun came up to give her time to rest .
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 11:44 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• I had my c-section at 11 at night so people just came the next morning. I was on a morphine drip so the pain was negligible.
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 11:49 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• lol the second i got out of surgery.. I was so doped up Santa claus could have been there and i wouldnt have given a shit lol
    tawnbond

Answer by tawnbond at 11:50 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• i myself had a c-section with my first child. I had visitors right when i got out of the recovery room from being operated on.(the time they allow ur anesthesia to wear off). I would recomend waiting for visitors until at least half a day after having surgery because u are still very out off it and very uncomfortable.any questions just ask k.:-)
    onelove1988

Answer by onelove1988 at 11:52 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• I had a c-section at night but to be honest i was so doped up i didnt care if anyone came and visited, i think it depends too on what time of day you have it. You will enjoy having some company, it helps. But really your not going to be in much pain, they give you pain killers and stuff, they only time i was in pain was getting up and the rest is just uncomfortable (bathroom and shower, walking..etc.)
    Anonymous

• im about to have my 5th csection- with my last one i had it in the morning and i know that the first day u wont really want anyone there because of the meds plus u still have the catheder in which is uncomfortable and embarassing when they come change the bag lol- also u cant even eat or move and all u wanna do is hold ur baby and be alone with them- i almost bit the nurses heads off when they would come to check me and the baby lol- but the next day ull be up and moving ull be able to shower the all the post baby muck off of u- yes ull be a little sore but i think thats the day ull be more up to visitors-
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 1:03 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• I think it depends on if the visitors are helpful or if you are going to feel the need to entertain them. I would wait a day or so for anyone that is just coming to chat and see the baby, but those extra helpful ones that will be getting you stuff you need and helping with the baby can be abig help right after recovery.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 1:04 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• in the recovery room. then over the next few days, others trickled in.
    tabbykat6802

Answer by tabbykat6802 at 2:35 PM on Apr. 11, 2009