Is homophobia associated with homosexual arousal?

Since the gay marriage topic has been up recently a friend of mine referred me to this article/study. Interesting.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8772014

Friday

Asked by Friday at 11:49 AM on Apr. 11, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I have long believed that homophobic men are overreacting fearfully based on a possible jidden(and shameful to them) attraction on some level to other men. I think with any individual, what aroses them is so personal and sigularly based that any kind of study, while valid...just doesnt prove much. I am sure that the group was actually arosed, but who knows if the images made them think of the actual image of if their minds wandered....never know. But yes I think that its a interesting topic and ty for making my brain wake up lol.;o)
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 11:53 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• In some cases yes. It's always the most anti gay politicians and church people who end up in gay sex scandels.
    Anonymous

• I COULDN'T AGREE WITH THE ARTICLE MORE, I HAVE ALWAYS THOUGHT THAT THIS IS THE PROBLEM WITH HOMOPHOBICS, IT MAKES A LOT OF SENSE.

Answer by older at 12:38 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• so saying i do not believe that being gay is ok makes me gay, no i don't think so.
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 12:43 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• Yes, I have always had that suspicion, especially since actual "homophobes" (not people who disagree or are indifferent) spend a lot of time talking about the sex practices and obsessing about them. Why all the interest? lol
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 12:47 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• I don't thin that's what the article was saying, mrssundin. I understand some feel it is wrong based on their beliefs but it seems some who are the most vocal against it, say Ted Haggard, end up haing some desires of their own.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 12:48 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• Okay, I think it's a controversial science. They use this technique to monitor if an individual has a propensity to pedophilia. With that said it is an interesting outcome. Except to say that I disagree with the gay lifestyle, I'm not a homophobic though. I appreciate stacymomof2's description. With that said, as a young adult, you know when you are freer in your sex life - I used to watch porn with my significant man at the time, in this study, does that mean the arousal from porn is actually homosexual denials.....I don't think so.

blessed5x

Answer by blessed5x at 12:57 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• OH Friday, I understand, much like with my first husband, when I asked him if he was cheating, he would get so irate, I'd end up getting assaulted, he loudly opposed my question with vigor and ended up he was cheating on me. Some get upset though when they aren't guilty. I know several very vocal people against homosexuality aren't in the least bit aroused!! I'd bet my life on that. If they hooked them up to that penal circum measure thingy, it would actually whittle inward! LOL

blessed5x

Answer by blessed5x at 1:00 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• Very interesting.

I once picked a child out in church to have autism and he was later diagnosed.
    I had had a total of 5 minutes around the child.
    I am pretty good at judging human behavior.
    I have often wondered how an intelligent man could be married to a woman who espouses only radical views instead of a woman who holds some things sacred and traditional and not open to change. I WOULDN'T WANT A MAN WHO PRIZES nothing but radical, nontraditional views.
    He's not worth having. Who wears the pants?

My husband shoots a bow, hunts, coaches baseball and is the boss to 14 people.

I think God meant women to be soft around the edges, and I don't mean the edges of their ass or brain.

I will say that I am becoming persuaded that Lesbianism can be manifested even in a forum like this one, to discerning people, even without the benefit ( uhhmm) of seeing the person in question. No softness, n
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 1:40 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• mustbe: I think you're equating feminism to lesbianism in your above argument.
    Raintree

Answer by Raintree at 2:04 PM on Apr. 11, 2009