Anybody else have HPV?

Just want to know Im not the only one. Started last year with an abnormal Pap, and had another and a biopsy this year. Its unsettling knowing I have these cancerous cells in my body and time will only tell how much they will develop.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:53 AM on Apr. 11, 2009 in Health

• its dormant in me my Dr says..i found it with my first pregnancy..had it with my second to where i had to get the cells scraped..and go back every 6 mos. sometimes it wud show up sometimes it wudnt. so idk whats goin on. I was married too so its not like i was with diffrent men. i always feel self-conscious about too. my bf now,doesnt know.
    MamaCass2003

Answer by MamaCass2003 at 1:11 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• Tons of people have HPV and many do not even know it. Men can get HPV too. I am sorry you have HPV and hope you stay healthy and get well. My nieces mom had HPV/cervical cancer and had to have surgery and she is fine.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:36 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• yes, I have HPV, didnt know it was active forever and could be transmitted after all symptoms disappeared. I was told it wasnt comminicable without evidence of the "warts" by the gynocologists I have been to since contracting it from a cheating husband 26 years ago.

I've had normal and abnormal pap smears over all these years, with nothing happening. Its dormant in me as well, but it should be, they poured acid on me and didnt tell me to rinse it off within an hour after it was applied. I got scarred badly from that doctor cure.
    Maybe I am an ostrich with my head in the sand, but I just dont worry about this, I've had it so long.
    Anonymous