i am 17 years old i need help

I became pregnant when I was 13 it was my first time. My mother was never at home she had to work full day shifts so she can take care of me and my 4 other sisters. I am not begging but can anyone help me I am depressed and stressed out I am 17 years old in the 11th grade I have a 3 year old son who hasn't seen his father since 2007 I have no job and I may have to drop out of school because I can't afford day care. We have to borrow food from family members and money. Me and my Son sleeps on a mattress in a crowded house. I'm not asking only for money I am asking for Any kind of help, advice, financial support, emotional support. I am at my breaking point lord please help me being a teenage mother with no support is one of the hardest obstacles in life

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:02 PM on Apr. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You need to talk to someone. Not over the internet, in real life. Your parents, a counselor, a Pastor, etc. Try to find a better situation for both of you. Good luck.
    MommyRust

Answer by MommyRust at 12:04 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• have you tried foodstamps ? section 8? they can help with houseing . you can also get daycare help from them too .
    dont drop out you will nto like your self for it later, good luck sweetie !
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 12:04 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• I agree with pp.
    Anonymous

• Is there a school in your area for teen moms that offer free day care?
    Anonymous

• All I can offer is that you look into your local Red Cross or United Way. They help to offer housing and jobs for people in your situation. Aside from that, I agree with the first commenter.
    aluvk4evr

Answer by aluvk4evr at 12:06 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• I live in a small town more in the country. The day care in my school is 15 dollars a day but the children can not get on the buses wit us we have to have sum form of transportation and my family has no vehicles we walk everywhere. I live deep in the south and its hard for teenage mothers. I really don't wanna go the wrong way. Its hard going to school I have to find a different baby sitter everyday of the week. My son has to eat corn flakes wit water it is so hard I am at the breaking point. This is the true life of a teenage mom
    Anonymous

• darlin i lived in the deep coutry too when i had my son at 17 . yes it is truely hard . it can be done tho. do you go to church ? is someoen there that can help i had someone from my church watch my son while i finished 11th and 12th grade . they came and picked him up . you wouldbe amazed of the help you can get .
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 12:19 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• what state do you live in?
    gabenmikeysmom

Answer by gabenmikeysmom at 12:26 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• i would try looking in too churches they may know of food banks that can help also talk with someone at your school they may offer help there too
    greeniemommy

Answer by greeniemommy at 12:28 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• I agree with Mrs.Owen86. It's amazing the help you can receive if you just reach out to someone! If you make people aware of what you are going through they will surely be willing to help you out. Talk to a church group or find a doctors office or somewhere that you could go and find out what benefits you personally can receive from the government. If someone sees that you are 17 with a 3 years old and you are really trying your best to make things work...they'd be crazy not to help you. That's what people want to see, sure it really isn't too fun having a kid so young but hey, you are making the best of it that you can and you are caring for your son and staying in school. Try to find someone to help you locally, meanwhile just keep doing what you are doing. Good luck sweetie, I wish I could help more!
    javila

Answer by javila at 12:31 PM on Apr. 11, 2009