Sandra Cantru's alledged killer a woman and Sunday School teacher.....

Why should we not question God about this? Sure she is a human, but if you can't trust a pastor's daughter, who can you trust? I'm not blaming, but this just does not make any sense!!!

Teachermom01

Asked by Teachermom01 at 12:05 PM on Apr. 11, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• It doesn't make sense to me, either.
    Anonymous

• We are all responsible for our own actions. We are not born perfect. True, you'd think the woman would have appreciation for good morals and even applied them to her life, but I guess it just goes to show how very fragile we are. Maybe she had mental problems, maybe she was just down right evil. Any way you slice it, we can't blame God for what she decided to do of her own free will.
    happy1mom

Answer by happy1mom at 12:11 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• Why should we not question God? Because he is the Alpha and Omega, "I AM," the author of life and omniscient and omnipotent. He owes us nothing. He is certainly not responsible for the follies of man or what humans do in his name or while carrying his name as "Christian."

There are two very simple directions God could have taken with the world. We can either have free-will which will allow people to harm others and make mistakes as well as live their lives and have a choice. OR, the world could be perfect because there is no choice and no one has the ability to do anything other than "good." We had the second choice in the garden of Eden. "The Tree" served as an option to choose evil, because without the option of evil, good cannot exist. When given the option, we used our free-will to choose evil. Despite man setting these actions into play, we continue to question God about it to this very day.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 12:13 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• We choose to "take his name in vain" by calling ourselves a Christian and then doing anything but what God would have his followers do (which is what that commandment actually means, it doesn't refer to saying "oh my God." ect). It is a choice. By their fruits, ye shall know them. One might speculate that due to her actions (aka "fruit") she wasn't really a Christian at all. Regardless, the "why" question is better left to the person responsible for the actions that they took rather than God.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 12:16 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• You're making my brain hurt, NovemberLove.
    Anonymous

• This kind of stuff sickens me to my very core. No innocent child should ever ever be subject to the hideous acts that occur on a daily basis in this country of the "free."
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 12:20 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• I can't help but yell to myself "WHY" why would anyone want to hurt a child. I want to know....really WHY !!!!!
    This just makes me SICK
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 12:41 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• because every one has free will which god can not take away. so if someone does some thing evil like this and god lets it happen is because his hands are tied. he can not go against his own laws. which gives people the right to choose right from wrong.
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 12:50 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• She was HUMAN. God gave peopel choices to make, he said you could choose. What ever you choose is alright with him as long s you can handle the repercutions of your actions. Those are her demons. And the fast that she was a pastors daughter has absolutly NOTHING to do with it

Zarviemom19

Answer by Zarviemom19 at 12:51 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• I agree with November. I also want to point out something... she was the granddaughter of the pastor of the church there. They knew about her background and still let her be a Sunday school teacher. Were they wise to do that? No I do not think so. They made wrong choices as well. Some churches do background checks and do not allow people with any kind of record teach. It is like teachers in a school. Same thing! These are children and it is our duty as an employer family or not to protect them.
    Since this happened 25 miles from my home... it's a bit too close for me and I have a friend who lives there with a 5 yr old daughter .. her husband is a cop there. Sighs... too sickening to me for sure!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 12:55 PM on Apr. 11, 2009